Discuss ACS Advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nvq level 3

Hi all, Start the assessment soon, just wondering if anybody has recently done it and has any advice/tips? im doing ccn1 (boilers and pipe work) and also booked in hobs cookers and fires. Any pointers or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

dont forget the continuity bond at the meter when doing the soldering test put it on before removing the meter. good luck

You clean the tube and the fitting not the flux!

Bet you use a brush and wipe with a damp cloth?

You can tell an ega fitter a million miles off - uses solder to smear flux on inside of fitting.

I'm that ega I use my finger to flux the fittings....makes lunch interesting.

EGA were a special class of "muppets" working on the "stay warm and boiler scrappage schemes" rough isn't the correct word; the fitted 30,000 isar/icos boiler

Thought you just dip the pipe and fitting into flux?? have already failed! thanks for reply's so far. Any obvious things to look for the ones that always catch people out?

Lift the gas oven lid before tightness testing!!!

edit, Lee beat me to it!

Last edited:
Watch out for the cooker lids being down and the flues section. When you go in, take a deep breath and chill out! They are there to assess you not fail you so just take a chill pill and if you know your stuff you will be fine. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS Advice? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back