Discuss Acqua Tempus, shower timer with shut off for teens in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi to all member
I want to post this product I bought some weeks ago in a website in GB, it is called Acqua Tempus
apparently it is very simple but it is not: it is a shower timer with shut off; it is programmable and has a lithium battery that gets charged with the passage of water, son I do not need to replace any battery; the solenoid valve is inside Acqua Tempus, so no plumbing is needed at all. At a first sight, this product has been developed wisely.

Galapagar_Acqua_Tempus.jpeg

I have 2 daughters, 14 and 16, and they took never ending showers (no less than 20 or even 30 minutes each, an absolute nightmare) my wife and I had to do something to cut off such expense on water and gas and this device is just what we needed.
The installation is very easy and seems to be well built: it is tough and easy to programm.
there is this video in Youtube: shower timer
I just wanted to share it here in this forum, I am quite sure some members will find it very useful at home as it has been for us
I hope it helps
regards

The product is indeed extremely intelligent.
Would it be able to determine if the user was doing something other than soaping during soaping time? I have 2 teenage sons in the house.
WOW!! that question can be a bit mean? naughty perhaps? what do u mean when you say "something other than soaping"?? having sex in the shower perhaps?
sorry about my assumption mate! ☺️☺️☺️☺️😉😉

I hope I have been clear enough for your query
Yes. And the device sounds very well thought out. As the main effect of the device is to save energy, it seems to make sense to encourage people to turn the tap on and off as required rather than leave it running.

The fact that there is a maximum inter-shower time is not something I would immediately have thought of myself, but as you explain it it makes perfect sense - otherwise the device would incentivise users to use the maximum allowed shower time in order to reset the module, which would encourage a bad habit.

Yes. And the device sounds very well thought out. As the main effect of the device is to save energy, it seems to make sense to encourage people to turn the tap on and off as required rather than leave it running.

The fact that there is a maximum inter-shower time is not something I would immediately have thought of myself, but as you explain it it makes perfect sense - otherwise the device would incentivise users to use the maximum allowed shower time in order to reset the module, which would encourage a bad habit.
yup!! that's it, just as you say
that's why we are 100% satisfied with this shower timer despite its price (it is not cheap at all)

Hi everyone
I have spotted this other shower timer with shut off Showerboss, apparently american made.
It is at first sight cheaper than Acqua Tempus, but going through it, it is not: it needs 12v power supply and the solenoid is not inside the timer, so it needs plumbing and an electrician and makes it far more expensive than AT. The AT is "plug and play", In add, the led display looks worse with less functions than AT.
Just this so far to compare with other products.

Last edited:
Hi, I would like to know whether the device reduces the waterflow during the showering time. I've got quite a high flow and like to keep that, I just want to stop some family members having excessive long showers as I can't be bothered to watch the clock whenever anyone takes a shower.

Hi, I would like to know whether the device reduces the waterflow during the showering time. I've got quite a high flow and like to keep that, I just want to stop some family members having excessive long showers as I can't be bothered to watch the clock whenever anyone takes a shower.
Hi kitty
It does reduce the water flow, bear in your mind it has a turbine to produce power and therefore charge the battery, so the turbine stops the water flow a little bit. Once installed, after a few days, you won't notice the difference
It is worth it
Hope this helps

Hi, I have finally bought one AT timer.
To be honest I must admit it is really well designed, easy to install and very effective reducing water and gas expenses. I have 2 children, I was thinking of killing them but finally decided to buy one Acqua Tempus to stop them from wasting gas and water.
The negative aspect is the price, only one distributor here in the uk, Leisure Controls, and the price is really high.
Anyway, nice stuff despite its price.

Very pleased to hear that you did not murder your children.
What is the payback period?
I don't know yet, we have installed it one week ago. Set as 5 minute showering for each of them and off they go.
Gas and water bills are definitely going to be lower.
In one month, I will come back to this forum showing figures.
One thing, really good : my wife and I are much more relaxed at home but don't know how to cuantify it in pounds.

Reply to Acqua Tempus, shower timer with shut off for teens in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock