Discuss Acqua Tempus, shower timer with shut off for teens in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi to all member
I want to post this product I bought some weeks ago in a website in GB, it is called Acqua Tempus
apparently it is very simple but it is not: it is a shower timer with shut off; it is programmable and has a lithium battery that gets charged with the passage of water, son I do not need to replace any battery; the solenoid valve is inside Acqua Tempus, so no plumbing is needed at all. At a first sight, this product has been developed wisely.

Galapagar_Acqua_Tempus.jpeg

I have 2 daughters, 14 and 16, and they took never ending showers (no less than 20 or even 30 minutes each, an absolute nightmare) my wife and I had to do something to cut off such expense on water and gas and this device is just what we needed.
The installation is very easy and seems to be well built: it is tough and easy to programm.
there is this video in Youtube: shower timer
I just wanted to share it here in this forum, I am quite sure some members will find it very useful at home as it has been for us
I hope it helps
regards

some of you have sent me an email requesting about where to buy this shower timer; I live in the UK, here it is Leisure Controls Ltd who sells it. in the US or AU I have no idea at all, it is Spanish made so for those that wrote to me from abroad, you will have to find a local dealer in yor country or just write to Arelia and they will definitely let you know
just this so far

But does it simply shut the shower off totally?

Where I am currently I have a thermal store boiler (probably contains 30 litres hot water: enough for a 6 minute shower). You can actually have a decent shower with the boiler SWITCHED OFF as my Grohtherm mixer will maintain a set temperature to within 2 degrees of the hot water inlet temperature and the temperature then gradually tapers off to cold once the store is cooler than the desired temperature. Being a gradual drop, it allows you to finish rinsing your hair, but it is unlikely you'd want to spend 20 minutes under a cold shower. I can see a sudden stop in water flow altogether being quite impractical however, and, being extremely short sighted, I probably wouldn't be reading the digital display under a shower.

And what the heck is soaping time?

But does it simply shut the shower off totally?

Where I am currently I have a thermal store boiler (probably contains 30 litres hot water: enough for a 6 minute shower). You can actually have a decent shower with the boiler SWITCHED OFF as my Grohtherm mixer will maintain a set temperature to within 2 degrees of the hot water inlet temperature and the temperature then gradually tapers off to cold once the store is cooler than the desired temperature. Being a gradual drop, it allows you to finish rinsing your hair, but it is unlikely you'd want to spend 20 minutes under a cold shower. I can see a sudden stop in water flow altogether being quite impractical however, and, being extremely short sighted, I probably wouldn't be reading the digital display under a shower.

Hi there, with a 30 litre hot water tank you certainly do not need to install a shower timer with shut off but at home, we have a combi and my daughters know it; I considered installing what you have in my daughters' tub but it would have been too complex, expensive; Acqua Tempus is being a much better solution, and cheaper.
About the display , it is very easy to read and flashes when there is 30 seconds left warning it is coming to and end, so there is no problem running out of time when still being covered with soap or shampoo, and if there is, they will be more careful next time. We call this at home education.

soaping time is a parameter we did not understand and first;
it is the maximum time we have for soaping;
when the tap is running, you can see in the display time is counting down; but if you shut the tap for soaping, Acqua tempus turns into soaping time and does not take any shower time off, so when you reopen the tap, it goes back to shower time and the countdown starts when you left it.
and why did they introduce this parameter? the explanation they gave me was as follows: if I walk into the shower and have a really fast shower lets say 3 minutes, and I shut off the tap and walk off, there would be still 3 minutes left, so next person having a shower would oncly have 3 minutes left for the shower; but, as I walk out of the shower, it goes into soaping time and if it reaches cero, AT will presume that I have left the shower and it will reset all parameters and goes back to shower mode for the next user, this thinggy is very intelligent.
I hope I have been clear enough for your query

Reply to Acqua Tempus, shower timer with shut off for teens in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock