Search the forum,

Discuss aching hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all, having a bit of problems with my hands, they really ache and all the joints hurt, my hands were quite hard , and I never used barrier cream or gloves or nothing, but I decided to start using hand cream before I went to work and after I got home and got a shower as they looked bad for a 23 yr old! after I did this they blister all the time and crack even worse than before, I have been out setting gillnets tonight and my hands feel like they are on fire now, sal****er probably gone into cracks ad bruises in them , I have ordered barrier cram and Stanley "farmer" gloves for next week, any of you have any tips? im wondereing what does dermatitis or whatever its called feel and look like? thanks

Hands are always bad in the winter but use o'keafs hand cream when they split, other then that I don't bother with anything! I find gloves a pain TBH

My hands are soft and smooth but somehow tough as old boots.[/QUOTE]

That's all that fairy liquid you use mate.

bass tonight hopefully mate, just set 600ft of them out (300ft 3 5/8" and 300ft 4" gillnets), set 250ft last night (5.5" tangle nets for flatfish) and hauled them at first light this morning to find only 1 crab and a big huss . there were a few anglers out on the beach tonight with beachcasters on tripods, giving me the evils as I opened them just out of the low water mark out to sea haha.

get down your local farm merchants and buy some udder cream. Full of ,anolin and if it cures cracked teats it will do for your mitts, ever suffered when I milked the old moo cows, wonderful stuff,

get down your local farm merchants and buy some udder cream. Full of ,anolin and if it cures cracked teats it will do for your mitts, ever suffered when I milked the old moo cows, wonderful stuff,

Sounds abit like the tub of elbow grease trick!

Defo with croppie on the neutrogena , i have tried probably every hand cream and barrier cream ever made, barrier cream actually make my hands worse.

That has to be the weirdest recommendantion ever posted on this forum.

Lol, i had to ask herin doors (shes into animals, farming , horses etc etc) if udder cream was for real, i wondered if it was similar to sending the apprentice for a long stand.

It's real...udder cream.

My wife comes from a long family history of farming.

Dairy farmers have been using and supplying the cream to others for as long as her mother ( my mother in-law) can remember.
She swears by it....she should know...her first pet was a dinosaur.

Last edited:
It's real...udder cream.

My wife comes from a long family history of farming.

Dairy farmers have been using and supplying the cream to others for as long as her mother ( my mother in-law) can remember.
She swears by it....she should know...her first pet was a dinosaur.

tis funny that some people cant see wood for trees sometimes eh Oz, often the best cures are the simplest and cheapest.

Udderly Smooth Udder Cream Reviews ? Viewpoints.com

Stanley gloves have arrived today! on a bank holiday sunday!! feel good! looking forward to test them out Tuesday in work!! anyway off to bed now, nets back in water tonight again and up again first light to haul them !! im sure I am due a very long lie-in!!

I find "cupping" my genitalia works for me, the perfect amount of moisture.

yes app , got 5 bass , a mullet, some spider crabs and about 20 dogfish, quite poor really, was hoping for more bass, ill take some pics tomorrow if I remember, my "fonrange" mobie only has a 1.3megapixel camera tho so bare with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to aching hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After around 18 months my business swayed more towards bathroom installs and I got stuck doing them for years. Now I'm fed up of them I re sat my exams, re...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock