Discuss Accused of stealing cash!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's a first for everything but today and up to me writing this I am being accused by a customer of stealing cash.

Serves me right coz when I turned up to the job I should have turned away-really run down Caribbean takeaway.

so he asks me to cap a gas pipe. Simple..I ask him where's the gas meter? He takes me down to some basement makeshift bedroom where the meters on the wall. Fine..I do my tests and calls good(throughout this he's standing right behind me)

I go upstairs..cap the gas pipe. Then go back down to do my spillage tests. All fine..so I turn round and he's there in the corner and I jumped coz didn't know he was there..but strange.

so I charged him..he paid cash and I left..sweet right?

about an hour later I see 5 missed calls from him. Phones back and he says that he's missing some money which was on his gas meter! I'm stunned and explain to him that I saw no cash there and have no idea. He then says to me c'mon mate we all make mistakes just drop it back here. I again try to calmly explain that I did not take it, see it and having been a local plumber for 15 years in the area would not even think of it. But he seems oblivious to what I'm saying and I start to get annoyed and hang up.

so he's just called me before I'm writing this saying I thought you were coming down here with my money. I'm livid now and start asking him why of all places would you leave your money on gas meter? You were behind me the whole time, how can you be so sure it was me. It's like talking to a robot he starts upping it to full blow 'I know you took it'!

so I tell him don't call me again and told him to call the police. He seemed hesitant to do that so I said again call the police (swearword swearword!)

so so have another missed call from him. What could this guys angle be? What should I do..talk to police myself? I tell you it's strange. I just can't believe this guys for real and really has lost sum cash because he can't answer any of my questions. What would you guys do?

I would report it to the police now. Be prepared for all the questioning that will probably come of it if he then tells police same bull.
It will look in your favour to report him and his accusations first.

:presents2:Forgot to ask, - How much did you manage to steal?

Last edited:
First question why would someone leave money on a gas meter which is located in the basement?

Why would he let you work on the gas meter while leaving cash on top of the gas meter ? Staying right behind you and following you step by step and accusing you for stealing money ?

If I were you I would call the police myself and would wait easy in front of his house until they come. It's your reputation and word of mouth especially in your local area ... You best off solving the issue right away ... I would not let anybody accusing me for robbing money

As said above i would call the police straight away, by the sounds of it hes living in the shop which he shouldn't be doing for a start, but also he might try to slander you and your business,

either way he might of actually miss placed the money and genuinely thinks that you have stolen it,
I would ring him back and tell him that your willing to accept his apologies once he finds the money as you have not taken it and then put the phone down

or just go put a brick through the window

First question why would someone leave money on a gas meter which is located in the basement?

Why would he let you work on the gas meter while leaving cash on top of the gas meter ? Staying right behind you and following you step by step and accusing you for stealing money ?

If I were you I would call the police myself and would wait easy in front of his house until they come. It's your reputation and word of mouth especially in your local area ... You best off solving the issue right away ... I would not let anybody accusing me for robbing money

Im gonna call them right now..will let you know what they say. I'm just stunned. I'm thinking he's blaming me for taking money that he's taken out of the business. If he honestly thought I took the money then why would he be so calm when I'm getting angry with him and telling him to do one. I shouldn't let it but this stuff really gets me down!

Im gonna call them right now..will let you know what they say. I'm just stunned. I'm thinking he's blaming me for taking money that he's taken out of the business. If he honestly thought I took the money then why would he be so calm when I'm getting angry with him and telling him to do one. I shouldn't let it but this stuff really gets me down!

I wouldn't have waited ... Straight away I'd call them to claryfi the situation. how ridiculous it sounds leaving money on top of a gas meter ;) i heard quite a few stories like that but this is one of the rediclous stories about stealing money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Accused of stealing cash!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock