Discuss Abs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

hi all not been on for a while been busy

anyone worked on ABS mains pipework before i belive its abs and its all mains supply how easy is it to get the fittings

Easy enough - last lot a few months since i got from pipeline center.

Done quite a bit of it and find it pretty good really. Never had a leak with it. Just remember to clean inside of fittings and outside of pipe with proper cleaner. Make sure you chamfer end of pipe so it doesn't push all the glue in and restrict the bore. Apply glue to end of pipe and inside of fitting. Don't fill up for at least 24 hours.

No problem, i got a mechanical fitting which connected straight on - a bit like the philmac fittings for mdpe, which had a 1"female thread on one side as i wanted to get back to 1" copper. Was a bit nervous as always done it with the glued method but this was in a factory and the water had to be off for an hour at most- worked a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Abs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question, I want my flat to be separately connected to the mains water supply for water coming into my kitchen and bathroom instead of...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, How do you know if there is a cross over with the pluming system in flat? All pipe work under sink, bathroom etc in the flat itself...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock