Discuss ABS UPVC flue systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reg Man

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Keston boilers specify solvent weld UPVC ABS 50mm pipe for the flue and air intake ducting. Does anyone know of an alternative boiler manufacturer that also specifies this system:confused:

Thanks, that's what I expected. Some one looks like their in for a big pay out.

Well Ok: Over size boilers and undersize gas installation pipes have caused alot of problems. Do the boilers come out and get replace for lower rated. or do we up size the gas supply and include larger bypass to heat dump (Towel Rail). Problem is: the boilers are (C36) in one and two bedroom flats with underfloor heating they heatup so quick that the boiler cannot modulate down quick enough. The boilers come up with fault codes all the time. Go hot then cold when drawing off hot water. Can't get 10-15 degrees diff between flow and return. Loads of resets for occupants. Total nightmare. I am looking at C28's and a better bypass at the moment, but also looking at different boiler. Trouble is, its big problems to get a different flue system. If anyone has some good idea's they are wellcome. I think someone changed the spec half way through the project and did not allow for the C36 boilers. Bypasses are very short and only 22mm. My thoughts are for a much larger bypass size and length.

so what is the overall flue length and the feasibility of a different flue arrangement?

The flue is not a problem with these boilers, its the rest of the design. If the boilers are replaced then a new flue system has got to be installed. This causes big problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ABS UPVC flue systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock