Search the forum,

Discuss A Morning off - I am damaged in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

Sam (my 15 yr old) and I went to the beach down the road from us at Formby

We took our golf clubs and hacked around for a couple of hours - til it got too busy.

However we also took a boomerang as well and it flew very well - BUT at some point my moby went off
mid flight - I answered and was struck on my head by the thing returning to base. My customer
asked what was wrong ............ awww Sam was convulsed laughing on the sand .. centralheatking

Sam (my 15 yr old) and I went to the beach down the road from us at Formby

We took our golf clubs and hacked around for a couple of hours - til it got too busy.

However we also took a boomerang as well and it flew very well - BUT at some point my moby went off
mid flight - I answered and was struck on my head by the thing returning to base. My customer
asked what was wrong ............ awww Sam was convulsed laughing on the sand .. centralheatking

Oh me CHKING and i thought that a man of your can of beer would be able to multi-task... good to see your son rushing to your aid..... my sons 15 and i need to prize him away from his xbox all the time.........

I failed to mention that we had done 4x paper rounds before this Sam gets ÂŁ20
ÂŁ5 a pop I pay for the petrol but we spend an hour or so together.

My children have never had pocket money - they have all worked (papers usually)

I believe it teaches them which way is up and they earn their own dosh to spend as they see
fit

centralheatking

I failed to mention that we had done 4x paper rounds before this Sam gets ÂŁ20

My children have never had pocket money - they have all worked (papers usually)
centralheatking

Sorry about your dilema due to a malfunctioning boomerang CHK :)

As for your kids and pocket money, they should always get pocket money. If there are no paper rounds (not all kids will have the opportunity to do a paper round. There is only so much paper that is available to be delivered), then give them chores at home. Washing your van twice a week will earn your 15 yr old more money than a paper round and make your van look precinct. There are many other chores for a home as well: Washing the dishes, hoovering the carpets at home, keeping their rooms tidy and toys in the right place, the list goes on.

my missus dont give me anything for hoovering or washing up :(

Formby -now theres a blast from the past, I grew up in Hightown and spent many a day messing around on ainsdale beach - good memories.
Can you still take cars onto Formby beach ?

Hi Blod - no no cars at Formby beach but you can nearer Southport but only in an enclosed area
I think it was a long time ago cars were allowed on Formby Beach - Ainsdale more recently.

Mind you my Defender does go down there early morning along the coastguard path from
time to time ! before the wardens wake up.

Where in Hightown and when ? got loads of pics of Hightown your welcome
to some nostalgia if you wish. pm me :stuart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A Morning off - I am damaged in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock