Search the forum,

Discuss A Lucky Escape? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sent my apprentice off to flyer some houses in a posh area we were working in today. Got an email back entitled 'the letter I received today' today and thought, oh great, a quote request. Couldn't have been more wrong. This could possibly be the rudest email I've ever received!!

..through my letterbox in Harmston. The letter is full of errors and if, as you state that attention to detail is one of the things you are offering, then perhaps you need to read your letter again.

1. The first paragraph - My wife and I moved back to at the end of 2011. Where did you move back to? Missing word here and that is in the first paragraph! I will give her this, the flyer is missing one word in the first sentence.
  2. Self-certify your own electrical work? I don't think so. Independent certification is what is required. Yes, of course I can self-certify my own work, that is the point of competent person schemes you idiotic fool.
  3. How can you personally carry out and supervise all of the work. You either do it yourself or supervise others. Again this wording really doesn't make sense. Very simple really, I supervise other people who work for me on the job and I am there working myself.
  4. At the start of 2.) you have put the letter 1? It would be better to put 'one'. Since when was the number 1 a letter?? Why does it matter if I write the number 1 or the word one. Seriously.
  5. No 4 - sorry it this just too wordy. Seriously. If you are going to criticise my wording at least make sure your email reply has no typos in it.

I could go on...... Oh please... don't.

My suggestion, take a look at how the letter is written, get someone to check it for accuracy. Change your logo, it really is very 'old'. Strange that, your the only person in 5 years to not like our logo.

Please read this email in the spirit in which it is sent. You are the wife of a local electrician and/or plumber and are ****ed off I'm flyering their turf. Letters full of inaccuracies will not improve your chances of competing in this highly competitive market. Thanks for that, I'm booked up till Christmas, but glad to have you telling me how to compete in a competitive market. Mine is now going in the bin, as I would imagine most of those you have put through letterboxes will. Thank **** for that, if this is what you are like over a missing word, god knows what you would be like to work for. Marketing material needs to make an impact and give confidence so when you engage with a company they are offering attention to detail in all their dealings with you. You fell at the first hurdle. Thanks, good job I value the opinion of worms and stinging insects more than yours.

Yours Comma missing here.

[PERSON'S NAME REMOVED]

I was going to send back a rage email but instead decided to send back a 'thanks for your valued feedback email' :)

Anyone else ever found someone as rude as this?? Both my apprentice and my customer found it incredibly funny when I read it out to them.

i havent found someone this rude but i did get a text once from a driver behind telling me there was paint pishing out of the back of my van. i had some plastic tubs of masonary paint in the back for painting the house that had fallen over.

i would just send an email advert every day offering your services. ignoring any replys.

i havent found someone this rude but i did get a text once from a driver behind telling me there was paint pishing out of the back of my van. i had some plastic tubs of masonary paint in the back for painting the house that had fallen over.

Random Jules, random.

We send letters out when done a jobs to 20 houses either side if job.

Dear mrs x,

We just robbed your neighbour at number 123 blah blah.

Got an email back stating we were going to be "sued for liable and slander " also deformation
...... The noob in office out wrong house number on it. Still ended up doing boiler? Feckin mental.

Should have e-mailed back offering them a job, as obviously they have sweet fa else to do.

sign them up for every free peice of crap you can find and ask all the local estate agents and letting agents for valuations etc

sign them up for every free peice of crap you can find and ask all the local estate agents and letting agents for valuations etc

That is a great idea to be honest!! Anyone got any particularly annoying email lists that I can sign them up to?

cope and paste the email on here i want to see if the spelling is better then mine lol

Some people have sad lives. or weird sense of humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A Lucky Escape? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock