Discuss A good result today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Today was the third and fnal of the Pachesham Agility Winter series. After the first two I was laying in first place with a thirteen point lead. After a clear round in the jumping class I managed to stuff up the first agility run and get eliminated. My closest rival (Alison)got placed in both classes so was now in the lead. We had a nice run in the second agility and got a clear in the steeplechase. Alison stuffed up her second agility run but had a nice clear in the steeplechase.

We had no idea who had won as the results were read out. I got a second place in the agility and just a clear round in the Steeplechase. Alison came nowhere in the agility but 7th in the Steeplechase. Neither of us were sure which way it was going to go and as the results of the series were read out we stood there barely able to breathe. We got to the result of the medium dogs and were told the result was very close and had been checked a couple of times to make sure. Alison was called out as runner up and I had just managed to snatch the lead back by 3 points.

CQ9R1874 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

Nice one mike. Did you find it easier now you're on the healthy eating plan?

I'm nearly 2 1/2 stone down on what I was 6 months ago. I'm finding it a lot easier to move about on the uneven surfaces on the indoor sand schools and can certainly move faster. The courses are a lot tighter with lots of twists and turns at indoor shows and I'm managing to get myself into a much better position to direct Bertie the correct way.

what with the "I" its the mutt doing all the work and running around :)

Actually the handler does more work that the dog normally. Bertie does a run and then goes and has a kip in the van. I have to walk the courses several times to work out how to best run it and am generally on my feet all day. Bertie does more on the actual run but over the course of the day will be running for less than 4 minutes. It's generally more mentally tiring for the dogs as they have to concentrate very hard for the thirty seconds or so that they are running the course. An hours agility lesson will normally be more tiring for a dog than walking for 2 or 3 hours.

Actually the handler does more work that the dog normally. Bertie does a run and then goes and has a kip in the van. I have to walk the courses several times to work out how to best run it and am generally on my feet all day. Bertie does more on the actual run but over the course of the day will be running for less than 4 minutes. It's generally more mentally tiring for the dogs as they have to concentrate very hard for the thirty seconds or so that they are running the course. An hours agility lesson will normally be more tiring for a dog than walking for 2 or 3 hours.

got to agree there, my youngest took her golden retriever to agility classes last year, poor lad would arrive home and sleep for 24 hours, great way to calm a nutty rescue dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A good result today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back