Discuss 90 Degree flue conversion for Ideal Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tombarry

Hi Our Boiler theinfamous Ideal isar 24 he
Just been told by quite an experienced British gas engineer that the boiler was not installed right
the flue should have an angle of 1.5 degrees so condensation should run back into the boiler rerouted away but the installer(warmfront) just used a previous hole which is level , 4 years we had to put a bucket underit which fills up in 2-3 weeks, I never thought it was right and most of the plumbers I've spoken to just say its ok
anyways as an easy get out he said a 90 degree flue kit could be fitted-so should I bother or just keep emptying me bucket ?

Attachments

• flue1.jpg
    flue1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Flue.jpg
    Flue.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 12
  • bucket.jpg
    bucket.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
You should get the flue fitted correctly,contact the original installer and get them to carry out works foc or you should report them and gas safe will make them correct

You can not just fit a plumage kit as then condensate will just sit in the flue

Do not think you get a free bucket supplied with any boiler to be used as you are

Good luck with getting the fitters back after 4 years, Warmfront scheme is basically finished, and the contarctors would be long gone as 99% of them are off the scheme and probalby ceased trading.
Probably all thats needed is the cement smashing from around the flue inside and out then tilt it up, wedge it up with a pebble etc then cement back up.

Thanks for replies Yerh I did think about bashing out the cement to wedge it up and yesI had the fitter back about it at the time but he just said live with it and I didn’t know any different ,but I’m glad I didn’t rush into it an got some good advice first -will get back to ya when its rectified and kick that bucket
cheers :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 90 Degree flue conversion for Ideal Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock