Discuss Removing old Oil and LPG systems when converting to renewables in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government has no choice.... It has to hit the 2020 and 2050 targets for renewable energy or be fined squillions from EU. As a country we are years behind the rest of Europe in adopting renewables technologies, hence why most of the gear is coming from the continent, it's been tried and tested there for 20+years, it's only us that thinks its a 'new' idea. Knowing the quality of the equipment that we install I do not expect to see any significant problems, much less so than can be said for some oil and gas boiler manufacturers :)

And the ££ - well anyone can do it, the Renewable Heat INCENTIVE is just that, an incentive, the math is that if you are planning to replace your boiler, go renewables and we will make up the difference. The £ allowed has been calculated based on the cost of the install, less the fact that you were going to replace the system anyway, plus an allowance for interest on a loan, paid out over 7 years as that is the average time that people stay in a house. So you could finance it through the Green Deal, or private finance (which we can arrange for you), - the incentive to make use of renewables has been designed to be open to anyone. There are no barriers other than those that you put up yourself.

Interestingly a search on oftec, gave me 20 people in a 10 mile radius that could fit an oil boiler, and for Biomass on the MCS Website: 1 (us :) )

And within 20 miles, not a single one of the oftec people was certified for biomass..... - guess there must be an opportunity for you in your areas as well.

I don't know how many oftec engineers there are in the country , I do know there are currently only 519 companies that can install Biomass, and there are only 8 companies within a 30 mile radius that offer the services that we do and I have all their contact details as well.

Everyone to their own..

So

tis easy to see how communism and nazis came to power in years gone by :) just coz the eu makes a rule doesnt mean its right, after all the world has been cold and warmed up in the past without human assistance!

My case rests.....

not sure how you can make a case on the world doing a warm up after an ice age previously, after all we werent around then to burn the fossil fuels that are supposed to be causing the problems???

My case was for using oftec / gsr plumbers/engineers just to decommission and then get them off site asap.

The other stuff is what it is, I didn't make the rules, I just play by them, they same as you do with being GSR, the rules are the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing old Oil and LPG systems when converting to renewables in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back