Search the forum,
  • Thread starter TheApprentice.
  • Start date
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1K
  • nvq3

Discuss 6189 with NVQ3 vs 6014-03 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheApprentice.

Hi I am new to the forum,

I seem to be having some difficulty with picking a course after completing my NVQ2 at my local college on the apprenticeship scheme. The problem is my current college only does the renewable option for the level 3 and that does not lead to funded gas route. I would have to pay to get it.

Ive been looking around at other colleges and alot of them dont do the standard 6189 with gas in my area. Instead they seem to be offering the 6014-03 course instead and are trying to convince me to go for it.

Does anyone on here have any info on here about the difference between these courses as i am quite confused? If someone could explain how the gas part of 6189 compares to 6014-03 it would be greatly appreciated. Which course is the better course to take?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies if it has already been covered in other threads as i am just getting used to the forum.

6014 is a gas qual with plumbing as opposed to plumb qual with gas, you will more or less get the same out of it, ask the centre and they should advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6189 with NVQ3 vs 6014-03 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am looking to join a plumbing and heating engineer 4 days a week whilst I attend College to gain my level 3 plumbing and heating qualifications. if...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock