Search the forum,

Discuss £500 worth of free power tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

That got your attention, didn't it?

And its a genuine offer too.

Your favourite sponsor is looking to open 18 to 20 branches in the next 3 years, mostly in the Northern home counties - so Essex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire. Any town in one of those counties with a minimum urban population of 60,000 and serving outlying areas containing another 40,000 will do, but we wont consider anything under 100,000 total population within 10min drive time. The tricky part is finding branch managers, and thats where this offer comes in.

I need people with:

• A good knowledge of plumbing and heating materials
  • Experience as a merchant - not necessarily as a manager, perhaps a number 2 looking to run his own show?
  • Great customer service skills
  • Ability to work on own initiative
  • A nice person

If any forum member introduces me to someone who we employ, at the end of the 3rd month that they work for us, I will treat that member to £500 worth of the power tools of their choice. Totally gratis. I'd sooner you guys had that, than I pay some chair-warmer at an agency.

All you need to do is sound out your contact, and then PM me a name, a few bullet points about the individual, and a phone number. It would help if you spoke to your recommendee first, to ensure that they would be happy to take my call. :) But bear in mind that they are likely to be running the Williams & Co in your town, so no rubbish please! :)

Cheers

Ray

I know someone who would be perfect and brings a lot of loyal trade with him problem is you already have a branch here so no tools for bob. Happy hunting though.

How hard can it be? Computer says no, computer says no, computer says no....

in all honesty I'd swap jobs tomorrow!

Clearly geography isn't a requirement

Northern home counties - so Essex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire.

theyve never seen North

It is about time I win something. In that regard, I nominate Ermitrude
I do not live down there but I will take the tools up here.

Ray my old fruit, have you got something against Middle England and the North?

Ray my old fruit, have you got something against Middle England and the North?

Just practicalities Leo. Operationally, its easier to keep the overall footprint reasonably tight.

Someone nearly gets blown up every day. You get used to it.

Not sure that's something I could get used to checking over the vehicle everyday. Maybe I could send the wife out to start it up she's always saying shed like to give driving the van a go

The plan for world dominations on the back burner then.
Suppose it also makes the transition from independent to national. Must admit you do get used to having a good branch locally then when you work away you constantly wish there was a Williams near by.

That got your attention, didn't it?

And its a genuine offer too.

Your favourite sponsor is looking to open 18 to 20 branches in the next 3 years, mostly in the Northern home counties - so Essex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire. Any town in one of those counties with a minimum urban population of 60,000 and serving outlying areas containing another 40,000 will do, but we wont consider anything under 100,000 total population within 10min drive time. The tricky part is finding branch managers, and thats where this offer comes in.

I need people with:

• A good knowledge of plumbing and heating materials
  • Experience as a merchant - not necessarily as a manager, perhaps a number 2 looking to run his own show?
  • Great customer service skills
  • Ability to work on own initiative
  • A nice person

If any forum member introduces me to someone who we employ, at the end of the 3rd month that they work for us, I will treat that member to £500 worth of the power tools of their choice. Totally gratis. I'd sooner you guys had that, than I pay some chair-warmer at an agency.

All you need to do is sound out your contact, and then PM me a name, a few bullet points about the individual, and a phone number. It would help if you spoke to your recommendee first, to ensure that they would be happy to take my call. :) But bear in mind that they are likely to be running the Williams & Co in your town, so no rubbish please! :)

Cheers

Ray

How about aylesbury?
town population 56,000
urban population of 140,000
Man I have in mind is screwfix supervisor, but for £500 free tools, I can find someone!!

I think your being too picky, you can charge a bit more for less folk in the SW, starting to sound more like Tescos now Ray

£500 retail or wholesale? either way it sounds a lot less than a recruitment agency would charge you ray

I ran a Lidl's in Shirley (S'hampton )Ray, pop one in Barnstaple and I'll get it going for you, if I can survive the bum hole of that part of the world and run the 2nd most productive store in the country at the time, a well organised company like yours will be a doddle. :) Only quit when I got run off the M27 at the A3 north junction at Pompey one late night after work, made me realise retail pay isnt worth the risk :)

i nominate croppie....................if he can see over the counter

Just what the world needs white boxes on the wall with riello rs180 strapped to the front of it because croppie is commercial

Well ive no chance but i hope some of you guys get some new tools,,

I take it its £500 per person per sound recommendation ,,,, well guys a few recommendations will biuld a nice tool collection lol

This one looks like a parkside lol

My home town, Bishops Stortford, is apparently one of the fastest growing towns in the UK. Its in Hertfordshire. Unfortunately I moved away from there before i got in the trade so don't have any contacts up there. I think the town would be worth you looking at though Ray. Its bang in between north london and cambridge, next to stansted airport and close to several other medium sized towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £500 worth of free power tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock