Search the forum,

Discuss 5 showers, what pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skillup

Hi

I am in the middle of renovating a large Victorian house and am fitting 5 en- suites! in this 8 bedroom house, the double hot water cylinder is on the 2 nd floor and the double storage is in the loft above it, the mixer showers that I'm going to install will be three on the 1st floor and two on the ground floor, the en- suites will not be far in distance from one to the next.
Can anyone advise which would be the best pump to use or any other pointers would be hugely appreciated-

This would be better suited to an unvented system - no need for any pumps. If you do stick with unvented & pumps, go with a Stuart Turner pump or pumps.

I have put in 22mm hot and cold going to the thermostatic showers,
Will I need pressure control valves on each shower,
Still not sure what size of pump I need, 4.0 bar?
Oh and the tanks are quite big as the property was used as a nursing home 12 years ago and had multiple ensuites (14 I think) so they should be sufficient! Thanks 4 replies

Would an unvented system cope with such a large potential maximum draw? Let's say three showers and a toilet filling?

Yes it would, provided it's sized correctly just as with an unvented

I did a 5 bathroom job once and we put an electric 300 Litre unvented in the attics (for 5 showers and one bath). I was late into the job and it seemed the customer wanted to run his hot water with electricity. I didn't like him so didn't argue. Gas boiler ran the central heating.

Thanks for the clarification both. I've not encountered any unvented systems yet but I assumed that they'd be limited by mains water pressure, whilst (as long as you don't let the cistern(s) run dry) a pumped open system would be able to cope with a higher "instantaneous" / concurrent demand.

Hi, Haveyou considered unvented with a pumped feed from existing CWSC? As this would allow the pipe sizing required to be achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 5 showers, what pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock