Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 40kw combi with just a towel rail... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening chaps, just wondering if this will be ok. The lady is in a flat that has a big heating system for all flats which is getting taken out. As she has just had her flat decorated she doesn't want to take up floors or wall mount pipes to put in rads and so just wants a big as shower and so a combi to run this plus a towel rail. Would this be alright?

Another question, I have a client who has an area which he wants to put 2 shower cubicles in in the boy and girls toilets. Now all hot taps are fed via little 15 litre unvented cylinders. Now the mains pressure is shute, all cold outlets are fed from a 10,000 litre cold water tank which has a pump on it. This pump is rubbish also. So I am wondering what could I do to run these 2 showers? It has got to be from the tank to something that heats up instantaneously and has a pump I guess. Any thoughts?

Ta

1st - old lady, choke the heating down to the lowest KW

2nd - Intergas combi run off tank with or without pump depending on head?

why do you need a 40kw output? is the main upto it ?

I was.just putting in the extreme. She has 18 litres coming in at the main with 3 bar pressure. She has a rain shower in there now from system in flats which is spanking and I would like to give her the same

how far away is the meter your going to need plenty of gas for a 40kw

Only 2 metres away in a straight run pretty much surface mounted. The boiler us going to go in a cupboard so it will be a 30kw logic I guess. I did quote for the vogue but just seen it can't go into a cupboard

Ok got you. So I just need a feed to the shower from tank and it works like a normal electric shower but with a pump. Good to know. Thanks

just worth a note max press incoming of 1 bar

So do intergas fit in kitchen cupboards and what is the warranty on these? One with an internal expansion vessel I would be after

Cheers chaps

Why bother with a combi, or is she going to add heating later?
If not what about instant gas heaters such as Main Multipoint or Rinnai Infinity?

Morning chaps. I have decided to fit an Intergas for this lady and am wondering which one will be best. As there will be only a towel rail on this circuit will I need to add a room stat to this? If not, is the cheaper combi the better option? Are the jigs easy to fit with these and are there any things to look out for ( badly placed prv's) when hanging?

Cheers chaps, have a good weekend

The stupidly low condensation trap it's the only thing I don't like

Talking of condense traps, look at this baby!

20150924_144118.jpg

Remeha crop?

Buderus GB312 280kW

Lovely beast. I love the idea of the chamber to catch sediment before the trap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 40kw combi with just a towel rail... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi I’ve got a blockage somewhere that’s preventing the GCH bathroom towel rail from heating. Plumber has offered to try and resolve it at...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I want to swap my electric shower to a power shower. I have a 200 litre pressurised hot water tank in the loft (not a combi boiler) the hot side...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock