Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss 32mm Pipe Insulation in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. MrGatch

MrGatch New Member

Hi,

I'm having a new 32mm supply pipe fitted to my property that will travel under a strip foundation and then under timber subfloor before appearing out of a wall into a garage into the stopcock etc.

The water company have advised about ducting and insulation. I'm using an off cut of soil pipe as ducting under the foundation (about 400mm) and then planning on using standard pipe insulation inside the ducting and beyond, capping off at both ends with a rubber bung.

However, I cannot find any pipe insulation size that matches the 32mm MDPE pipe diameter anywhere. Its all based on copper sizes (16, 22, 38 etc).

Any suggestions, or alternatives insulation ideas?

Thanks!

2. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Travis perkins do a 35mm, could pad the pipe out with some tape, there's foam tape you can use or anything really to pad it out to stop air flow between the pipe and the insulation.

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Armaflex do some

4. Dkdc71

Dkdc71 Member

Insulate and expanding foam both ends no fittings in the duct

5. MrGatch

MrGatch New Member

Have you got a weblink or know where I can get this stuff? Can't seem to find any 32mm Armaflex anywhere.

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Product codes plus info below

IMG_3560.PNG

• Winner Winner x 1