Discuss 3/4 bsp tap holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrianfs1

Hi guys, never new that some baths come with no tap holes, can only find a 1600mm bath with no holes, anyone recommend a safe method and tool for drilling the required dia in a 2.5mm steel bath, advice much appreciated,cheers.

Adrian,

Most good holesaw kits designed to cut metal should do the job
Good look, make sure you mark it exactly before cutting

so a 28mm core drill will do the job then, thanks for that guys.

Tip, if you need one. Put masking tape around tap area (on bath) first. It helps prevent slipping and if you do, hopefully masking tape will protect the bath.

I don't bother with masking tape but I do the following:

I carefully drill a 2mm pilot hole.
Then I check my measurements again.
Then enlarge it to 3mm, then 4mm then 6mm.

Secondly, I use a sharp hole saw (with 6mm pilot drill bit) and drill slowly, just scoring a neat circle to begin with then start using pressure when it looks right.

Process takes a good 2-3 minutes per hole but better than rushing and making a good mess.

adrian - the above from dontknow is great advice, - whilst following the above proceedure - hold tight & do not slip!!! - a scratch on one of those is not good.....all the best mate - moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3/4 bsp tap holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock