Discuss 22mm central heating pipes above the floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone advise if it is feasible to move these pipes below floor level or if they are like this for a reason (picture 1)?

They are hot water pipes. I guess they were put like this for ease rather than anything else?

The second photo is of either a gas or water pipe which I am yet to determine.

Can this be stopped under the floor boards rather than above the floor?

Attachments

• IMG_3024.jpg
    IMG_3024.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3027.jpg
    IMG_3027.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 52
It looks like a solid floor?
You will need to do some investigate under the pipes to see what is there.
Unusual for them to come up & go back down so close to each other with out good reason.

Hi mate, no it is just chipboard so can easily be removed.

And I agree, it would have been easier to keep them hidden? Could it be some sort of pressure fail relief fail safe. If that sounds stupid I apologise.

No nothing like that, it is most likely that the have jumped over an obstruction under the boarding you are just going to have to carefully lift the floor to see what is under it.

Take care could be pipes or cables or a steel beam!!!

Strange they're above floor but then go under floor.

Have you looked under the floor beneath them?

The might go over a joist & down again. That's a guess but it's a maybe

It doesn't look like any pressure relief valve. I think the pipes may have originally come up through one point and and back down through the other, could there have originally been a cylinder in there? If your system was up-graded to a combi then they would have cut and re connected the pipes. Worth investigating under the floorboards and if safe you could hide them under there.

looks to me like they are in what used to be an airing cupboard?

It doesn't look like any pressure relief valve. I think the pipes may have originally come up through one point and and back down through the other, could there have originally been a cylinder in there? If your system was up-graded to a combi then they would have cut and re connected the pipes. Worth investigating under the floorboards and if safe you could hide them under there.

beat me to it lol

No they are in the corner of a bedroom but remain hidden as the previous owner made a large wardrobe to conceal them.

The wall to the left of the pipes is the outside wall where a single storey extension has been added so just wondering if you are right about the 'done to avoid an obstacle' theory.

Glad to hear it is nothing to do with pressure relief etc so the capacity is there to move them pending space - I'll have a look after the wardrobes are gone... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm central heating pipes above the floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock