Discuss 2010 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

radswilldo

Think next year is gonna be tight, V.A.T back to 17.5%, probably going to 20% after election(the 15% rate has hid alot of price rises). Regardless of who gets in the public sector is gonna get an axe to it(rightly so), more unemployed. Just wanna hear your thoughts.

Try where I live then, standard rate is 19.6% across the board, including houses, food at 21/2% papers and books at 5% nothing is vat free

Think next year is gonna be tight, V.A.T back to 17.5%, probably going to 20% after election(the 15% rate has hid alot of price rises). Regardless of who gets in the public sector is gonna get an axe to it(rightly so), more unemployed. Just wanna hear your thoughts.
i agree m8, stamp duty holiday is also set to end soon although as his printing money hand over fist he might well extend it i predict 4 million unemployed by next october regardless of who wins an election if you think its bad now just wait till were forced to up interest rates as the pound slumps to below parity with the euro

Not complaining about the vat, just the furthur stretch on the economy, things are better than last winter though

i agree m8, stamp duty holiday is also set to end soon although as his printing money hand over fist he might well extend it i predict 4 million unemployed by next october regardless of who wins an election if you think its bad now just wait till were forced to up interest rates as the pound slumps to below parity with the euro

My fear is the current scum know there on to a hiding so are gonna make it worse for the tories. We've only got our triple aaa rating still because the business world sees the tories getting in, I aint so sure, the change wrought is huge, so many people think they should have something for nothing, the real world to alot of people is welfare and x-factor

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go into renewables, you only have to charge a domestic end user 5% on installations. Thats solar, rainwater harvesting, heat pumps.

You cannot supply only at 5%, you must supply and fit, and it must be into a dwelling.

That goes some way to convincing the domestic customers who of course cannot claim the vat back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2010 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock