Search the forum,

Discuss 2 Questions and No Idea in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LillyB

Hello,

Apologies in advance for incorrect plumbing terminology, twisty thingy, knobbly valve etc probably not helpful but will do my best!

My bathroom sink has a mixed tap and currently only the cold water is working. A trickle may come out of the hot two when first switched on but that soon dwindles to nothing. So my first question is why is that happening?

My second question is if I need to replaced a valve/washer/ceramic disk in the tap, how do I get the tap heads off! I can't see a way of unscrewing them.

Picture attached, many thanks in advance x
IMG_20150709_172035164.jpg

Welcome to the UKPF LillyB.

You wouldn't know what make your twisty thingy, knobbly valves are by any chance?

Because if you don't it's going to be an absolute pain in the bum to get the correct quarter turn insert.

The end of the "knob" will turn, it will be like a thin disk!

When you get it apart isolate the hot/cold then remove brass insert, measure the length and count the teeth then buy one on line but as Croppie has said it can still be very hit and miss.

Thank you, no, no idea! The only distinguishable thing on them is PJH02 which is marked on the back?

Awesome, thank you! I know who to come to when I break it .........:)

Screwfix do a similar tap of you want a replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 51
Screwfix do a similar tap of you want a replacement.

I haven't done any business with PJH for some years now, but they used to do a lot of sourcing, branding, packaging and logistics for Kingfisher group (B&Q and Screwfix) so there is a good chance its the same tap.

Yep, it was an all in the box job from B and Q about 5 years ago! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 Questions and No Idea in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock