Discuss 18v cordless power tools? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Are they powerful enough for domestic plumbing, apart from core drilling?

Also, what do you guys use for core drilling?

Whats the best cordless drill out now?

Do you guys you recip saws much?

Biggest issue is having batteries running flat. I'd also have a mains powered drill in the van. When I've had builders round all their batteries were flat, so had to do other jobs whilst it was charging. Mains far more power and steady drilling no torque drops like battery power. Or get a cigarrette lighter charger so whilst you're driving to the new job you're charging the battery up. And buy a power tool set from the same company that use the same battery packs (interchangable between power tools)

Only use lithium batteries rated 2.5ah -3ah.

Dewalt batteries (non lion) are crap, a lithium battery lasts for ages and does not power drop until it needs charging.

Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee are all good.

I use an 18v Makita LXT lithium combi drill 3ah (excellent!)

18v Makita LXT imapct driver 3ah

10.8v Bosch screwdriver (small yet powerful) lithium 1.3ah

Get a 2kg SDS for light demolition, and heavier hammer drilling.

10.8v Bosch screwdriver (small yet powerful) lithium 1.3ah

Iv'e got to agree with Avatar's reccomendation of the Bosch 10.8v screwdriver. It's very good. I'm thinking of adding to it with the 10.8v impact driver having tried one on site recently.

Unfortunately I'm still running 18v NiMh Dewalt kit (5 piece set - Combi drill, Jigsaw, circ saw, recip saw & work light ). There's no problem with it, you just need to keep a couple of spare batteries charged up.

Mark

Seems powerful enough for me :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXdFsU4Gcfk]YouTube - Funny Dewalt Commercial[/ame]

However these power tools have a certain appeal,not sure why :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlrQEHrTAQk&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - sexy hot commercial electric drill[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is 18v enough? I think not...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pS-qRQmClM"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pS-qRQmClM[/ame]

Last edited:
Do they do it with a core drill??

I need to put a hole in my wall for a hood extracter.

makita Lxt 18v li-ion are the daddy. I use a marcrist ddm2 for core drilling. Again a masterful machine. As for recips. They can get you out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 18v cordless power tools? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back