Discuss Cold water tank inlet problem in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Rob Beattie

Help. This is the second time the fibre washer on the ball valve inlet has split and flooded the house. It's a recent tank. First time tit happened I assumed the valve was defective and replaced it. But obviously not. I think the tank just has to much flex.

The (plastic) backing plate seems to be in the right place. Whats the best solution? A better backing plate, change the tank fill level, smaller ball on valve, flexi on the inlet or other?

Reply to Cold water tank inlet problem in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock