Search the forum,

Discuss Zoning resolved? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer2813

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Now i know this has been a source of much confusion amongst us all but i may have a answer mate had a gas safe inspection and was told the following.

Any new system needs to be multizoned new build or refurb

Anything under 150sqm can have two heating zones controlled off of one heating side of a time clock with two stats

Anything over 150sqm with two or more heating zones must have its own channel on a timeclock

Obviously hot water is its own zone

As he was told by the gas safe inspecter who was the area manager, so heres another version of the rules to throw into the mix

those are 100% correct but the issue is about just fitting new boiler to old system. and whats it got to do with gsr ? its building regs IMHO

those are 100% correct but the issue is about just fitting new boiler to old system. and whats it got to do with gsr ? its building regs IMHO

Exactly. When did Gas Safe inspectors become building control officers?

thanks for the update Destroyer, although I think the most confusion comes when upgrading existing systems, and at which point the zoning regs come in to force!!

What's it got to do with gas safe,you ring them up for ruling on a gas installation situation and they hum and ahh ,ask them a building control question and they are straight in there ,it seems !!

:angry:

omho

According to the information he told me no zoning required on just a new boiler, nothing to do with gsr just the inspecter pulled him on a system that should of been zoned thats when he told him and you should lagg any flow and return from the boiler to were you join onto the old system if you move the boiler

and whats it got to do with gsr ? its building regs IMHO

When i rang building to ask this question the local building control officer could not give me an answer and sugested that I ring GSR for confermation of the building reg I was enquiring about!!!

When i rang building to ask this question the local building control officer could not give me an answer and sugested that I ring GSR for confermation of the building reg I was enquiring about!!!
not may bco's know alot really destroyer, and the dhw pipework should be insulated as it is not for heating :)

My interpretation of it, is that if you are replacing a boiler AND controls you need to zone the system.

If you don't do it you're probably not going to face any repercussions as there's no one to enforce the regulations. I mean with a normal boiler swap Building Control are unlikely to be involved.

On a complete new system I would definitely zone the system and I suppose on others you can leave it up to the customer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zoning resolved? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock