Search the forum,

Discuss Zoning options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

prs999

Hi,

I am almost there with working out the best system for zoning my house, thanks for all of the help on my previous questions.

I thought I had sorted and then I stumbled across another option which I would like a little help on.

My original plan was to install 3 zones on my new combi, 1 up, 1 down and 1 for the underfloor heating of my kitchen extension when it eventually happens, all of this seemed fine until I was looking for a good 3 zone controller which is when I stumbled across the Honeywell Evotouch which does indeed do what I want but it also has the option of adding the HR80UK valves with boiler interlock! the questions I have are as follows.

1. I have 8 rooms which would need a HR80UK not including the bathroom which I will leave as the flow bypass, this is going to be about £300 in valves if you take out the need for 3 thermostats which would be £180, do you good people think it is worth it in the energy savings department? the initial outlay is not an issue if it will be worth it in the long run.

2. Could I just install 1 or 2? say 1 on zone 1 in the lounge and 1 in zone 2 in the main bedroom? that said I could just put the thermostats in that room with the same effect?

3. What would the implications be for having 2 zone valves on the same circuit e.g. the main 'zone 1' valve and then the second radiator HR80UK? could this be wired/programmed in simply enough?

Any other comments related to this would be greatly received

Cheers

just use a Honeywell S plan +
3 x two prort valves
1 x two chanel programer and 1x single chanel programer
Or
3 x single chanel programers
I have not used hr80uk

Hi,

I have looked at the S plan +, these are wired controllers? linking my zone valves, boiler and programmer will be fine but getting cables to the thermostats will be way too invasive, do you have any experience with the Sundial RF? this was another option

Cheers

rf is just the same as s+ but wire less ,

are you not doing a house renovation ? ideal time will be to do it then

Hi,

thanks, we are doing a renovation but only on certain rooms, the rest of the floors and ceilings will be staying down and hopefully up in the case of the ceilings which makes running in the stats an issue, the rest is ok as there is enough of the house in bits to get the cables run.

do you know if you can add additional zones to the rf system using an additional programmer?

Cheers

as long as you install a motorised valves and as long as your pipe work allows it doing ! I dont know how your house is piped up so can not really say . are you a plumber ?

Hi,

The pipework is all fine for whichever valve system I chose to go for, the place where it currently splits is perfect for a little tweaking to fit the valves, its just the type of controller system I go for which I am undecided on.

No i'm not a plumber but as with my last house I will do most of the pipework and then get my friendly plumber in to do any gas alterations, flush and commission the system

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zoning options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit when not in use which is 90% of the time, can I put a 3 zone valve on the flow after the tenth rad and divert to a new T piece on the return to...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
Hi Fellow Engineers I've attached a wiring diagram I've just completed, I wanted to make sure I've got it correct. Looking to install 2 Nest thermostats to a Worcester combi boiler. 1 Zone is radiators and the other is UFH, with pump on manifold Would be grateful to receive feedback. Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock