Search the forum,

Discuss Zoneplus Z228 Valve in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

photoflash100

acdv

Last edited by a moderator:
what has been done / what was the problem you called the plumber out for ?

Why is the pump after the valve ? I might be seeing wrong, I'm not allowed to see the pics !
( it says that sometimes on the website)

Get a pro in, good experienced heating engineer to look over it !

there's no problem. This was a new install. Just want to make sure they have installed the valve correctly

Why is the pump after the valve ? I might be seeing wrong, I'm not allowed to see the pics !
( it says that sometimes on the website)

Get a pro in, good experienced heating engineer to look over it !

think the flows wrong as the filter is in the wrong place atm

there's no problem. This was a new install. Just want to make sure they have installed the valve correctly

i would say without looking at the rest of the install the pump is pumping the wrong way, which way does the arrow point on the pump up or down?

Because the flow was originally the other way from pump to valve. Then I discovered they were pumping it up to the cold water tank feed!! So they came back and just turned the pump round so it would pump against the feed.

Because the flow was originally the other way from pump to valve. Then I discovered they were pumping it up to the cold water tank feed!! So they came back and just turned the pump round so it would pump against the feed.

sounds like you need a second opinion tbh maybe get a local heating eng to just check it over for you

The flow was originally the other way round so I imagine it was plumbed correctly. However, they original plumbed it so the pump was pumping in to the cold tank overflow in the loft thus pumping hot water into the tank!

To overcome this they reversed the pump (ie turned it round)Wh

What I am not sure about is if the valve is correct now?

Still think you need heating engineer. It sounds wrong to me and if they've done that wrong, what else is wrong. Can be very dangerous ( not being scary on purpose), if boiler not piped correct.

Please get it checked

if it is right, no everything but the pump is the wrong way round now and it could be sucking air into the system

Ok, thanks Guys. I'll get a heating engineer out to have a look!

Who designed the system?

Who commissioned the system,?
Whoever commissioned it should have been able to work out the pump was going to be wrong.

Did the Plumber not look over the full system before the pump was changed around or did he just change it on your word that it was pumping over?
If not why did he not, ?

Maybe the pump was correct but the Cold feed is in the wrong position.

As others I'd get a second on site opinion, which you'll have to pay for of course.

Where are you located, maybe someone on here can look?

That's what I meant by sixth sense. Too many questions in my head.

Is this a DIY install ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zoneplus Z228 Valve in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock