Search the forum,

Discuss Zone valves on a domestic system? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Macca2011

Hi everyone, I am going to quote a customer for a central heating installation. In discussion with my gas man who will be installing and commissioning the new boiler (if we get the job lol) He has informed me that there is a new building regulation regarding the installation of zone valves on all new central heating installs. Apparently you now need to fit two room stats, one up stairs and one downstairs. This he was told by a inspector from gas safe. Has anyone else heard of this new reg? I have googled it but can't find anything.

Many thanks

what's that in English? does it means 2 separate room stats? 150m2 is approximately what size house? my god why do they complicate things

All houses should be zoned now IMO no matter the size upstairs downstairs and hot water only at a minimum

is this easy to do, fitting the zone valves, what about pipe work?

It is easy to do on a new install but not so easy to do on existing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zone valves on a domestic system? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock