Search the forum,

Discuss Zone valves on a combi installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

browny7

I am fitting a Worcester Greenstar 37CDI combi boiler in a property that will be used to supply heating and hot water to two properties (joined together - one is an annex). I will require one heating to be zoned from the other heating, both with independant time controls and programmable room stats, preferably digital and wireless if possible. These will need to be compatible with the Worcester model.

Please can anybody advise on the requirements, two port valves, wiring etc.

Many thanks

Well the heating wiring circuit on the boiler is low voltage,so you will have to
fit 2 port motorised valves on each circuit with a room thermosat for each curcuit
fit by pass pipework with auto by pass valve

wire from heating side of boiler through the micro switches of the motorised valves,ie orange and grey this will be the low voltage side
and complete low voltage curcuit back to the boiler when valves fully opened ,to turn boiler on for heating side

Then wire through 3 amp, 240v mains power supply to power two curcuit programmer and link through to each curcuit making each curcuit 240v,one curcuit or each zone,then link out of each curcuit on the programmer and run to each respective room thermostat and on to the respective motorised valve,(linking to brown wire,activating syncron motor)controling each curcuit

Two curcuit programmer can be a standard heating/hot water unit and label hot water side annex and link accordenly or prober two curcuit pogrammers can be purchased and label accordenly

Remember to label high and low voltage cabling as required

you can fit the wireless room thermostat on the low voltage side if you wish

Last edited by a moderator:
is it ok to run low voltage and high voltage in the same cable as would be the case in the fly leads to the valves doesnt it cause problems with induced curent ? i dont know this but some thing in my mind is ringing bells

no.
low voltage is d.c. and oscillates at a diferent frequency so the uninterupted flows better in the larger core flex.:)

low voltage is d.c. and oscillates at a different frequency
Direct current does not "oscillate" at all. It is direct, just like a battery, not alternating.

There is no reason why dc should not be fed down two cores in a multicore cable with a/c going down the other cores.

The Greenstar 37CDi uses 230V switching, not low voltage, on terminals Lr and Ls.

If the annexe needs to be heated independentrly of the main house, then the pipework must allow this; i.e. a Tee connection wiht the house on one branch and the extension off the other. Put a zone valve on each branch controlled by a prgrammable room stat. The boiler is fed from the auxiliary switch in the valve.

Just like an S Plan or S+ PLan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zone valves on a combi installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock