Search the forum,

Discuss Zone valves & integrated and external thermostats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HugoG

Hopefully this will be a quick question to answer so i will try keep the question as short as possible.

How do I connect up a two zone valves with integrated and external thermostat receivers?

Current set up.

So I have a Potterton Combi Gold HE and have just installed UFH. The pipe work and manifold side of things with was straight forward, I have fitted two zone valves one for the UFH and one for the rads. Everything was fine and have checked that the hot water runs through all the pipes as they should.

Now the tricky part of the electrics....

When the boiler was installed the dial programmer on the control panel was replaced with a wireless thermostat receiver this also is situated on the boiler front control panel.

I have, but not yet installed, for the underfloor heating a second wall mounted wireless receiver

So when I have looked to install the zone valves I have found at the back of the boiler control panel that there is a wire that forms a link from the switched input to the 230v. The instructions on the front state I should remove this link and connect the external switch. When I do and connect up one of the zone valves the integrated receiver one doesn't work I.E its doesn't send a signal to the boiler to come on. When I have traced the wires (two black, blue and brown) they go into the PCB.

I believe the answer may be to blank off the integrated receiver and get a two channel programmable thermostat, but I'm not too sure. Any diagrams or pictures would be appreciated

Many thanks in advance.

Do away with the integrated receiver and fit 2 wireless programmable stats 1 to switch the rad motorised valve the other to switch the underfloor valve. The valves then when wired correctly will send the switched live to the boiler to fire it up. You should probably fit an auto bypass for when the zone valves close too. Adjust the central heating flow temperature to as low as you can (where the rads will still warm there rooms in a sensible time) to avoid wasting energy blending the flow down massively to achieve the desired underfloor temp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zone valves & integrated and external thermostats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock