Search the forum,

Discuss zone valve leak in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sargan

I have a zone valve (220V actuator) on 28mm boiler primary loop ....
and a slight leak from there.

It is not leaking from either of the compression joints ... so must be
coming out via the central ball valve actuator.

It's a Cimberio 1" valve with 28mm compression reducers, model 110.3830 one of these:
http://www.c-o-k.ru/library/catalogs/cimberio/18387/63366.pdf

On page 161 (3rd page in) it shows an O ring & gasket kit ..........
anybody ever serviced one of these valves in-situ

I'm hoping parts will be available.

Never worked on or fitted one, so can't help, but am surprised that valve could leak, unless used a lot. The seals on the ball are ptfe, so same as lever valves

Last edited:
There is a very slight drip from actuator case ... when valve closed. Not dismantled but as not coming from compression fittings assume it's from operating shafts seal (ones in diagram)
The valve operates every time DHW drawn off ... so a lot of use. (Stirs thermal store)
A lot more than a heating zone valve.

Would think it is very straightforward to fit the seal kit, that's if nothing too badly seized.
Hope the seal kit is a lot cheaper than new valve body to justify repair.
Diagram is hard to figure out.

Last edited:
Nothing seized all operating fine.

I have pinged a mail to UK arm of Cimberio, see what they come back with ref kit.
If I have to change whole valve & actuator how expensive are they

Tbh most people won't even change a ballcock washer these days for various reasons.
I've never seen a valve like that but the link gives the sizes of the O rings and an easy to follow strip down repair procedure.
If its for yourself and you have nothing better to do just try to source O rings to suit.
If its for a customer swap the valve because your time and effort won't be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to zone valve leak in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock