Search the forum,

Discuss Zone Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimmi Hendrix

Hi,
I am having a new combi installed in our loft (by a corgi guy). The house is a small 3 bed home. 15mm pipes run flow and return across landing into bedroom. with 10mm drops off to radiators. We are building small extension on the side of the house (4 radiators). I want this on its own zone. Bit confused where best to connect the return for the new zone. Ideally near the boiler would be best for me. Would this cause any issues on flow for the existing pipe work? We will have a radiator in each zone that is always open.

Welcome along Jimmi and best to ask your installer that Q.

Ps. Hope he is gas safe registered as Corgi is extinct now.

Radiators and pipework are DIY. Boiler is by a registered installer, it has to be as it comes under building control in the project. Isimply refferd to corgi as that is waht was around when I was house bashing many moons ago. I am a qualified spark/electircal engineer but do not work in the domestic environment (thank god). So have somewhat more than DIY skills. The guy installing is doing it for free and I dont want to keep picking his brains, as he is a very busy guy. Anyways figured it out for myself. Return of course needs to as close to the heat source as possible and I will pop in a bypass valve for safe measure. Now if anyone can supply a Valliant 938/horizontal flue for less ÂŁ997, let em know.
I would like to pint out that this forum states its for DIYers and Pros.If you dont want to give info that is very DIY relevant, you should state this.

I would like to pint out that this forum states its for DIYers and Pros.If you dont want to give info that is very DIY relevant, you should state this.

We'll happily talk about general plumbing with DIY'ers but we get nervous when the conversation gets close to gas work.

But its ok, we are not the only ones that are picky about DIY gas work. HM Government, the HSE and the courts are equally finicky about it. :)\

did I ask anything about gas? No, it was a specific request about plumbing in a zone. Thanks for the replies, as usueless as they are.

Its not a problem to help but if your so glad as your thank god suggests why do you need advice in a domestic environment especially if your a sparky

did I ask anything about gas? No, it was a specific request about plumbing in a zone. Thanks for the replies, as usueless as they are.

Just explaining why its a sensitive issue round here.

But since you're such a charmer, and have gone out of your way to make friends on the forum, I'm sure you will have everyone eating out of your hand very soon.

Quality - that makes no sense at all.
Ray - that is fine. I suggest folks read the question and answer it. If its gas specific, then jump on them.

As my friend said, wind your neck in or you'll be an ex member of this forum.

If you want help, you'll get it. Just be civil.

Thank you.

I was going to provide advise on the subject but due to your attitude to other well respected members on this forum I think I'll give it a miss.

Last edited:
Nothing to add, just wanted to subscribe to thread :)

you do know you can do that without commenting ? :D

top yellow banner

View First Unread Thread Tools Search Thread Rate This Thread Display

click thread tools

then click subscribe to thread from the drop down menu

When you need help wiring in the zone valve and other associated zone controls for the operation of your heating system, please drop back and I'm sure someone will be able to assist you.
:smoking:

you do know you can do that without commenting ? :D

top yellow banner

View First Unread Thread Tools Search Thread Rate This Thread Display

click thread tools

then click subscribe to thread from the drop down menu

come Shaun please make it simple is it 1/2" or 3/4" thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zone Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock