Search the forum,

Discuss zonal heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ip26150

on a job where the main circulatory seems fine on three zones ,but the single problem zone ,which i am working
on ! ,goes from the cellar (boiler situ) up to first floor up 4.8m ,then down 2.4m .
the 4 radiators here are tardy in heating up and do not seem to get as hot as rest ,
i am thinking i would like to fit a booster pump just on this zone at first floor level ,
could someone advise me on pump choice

Are they slow even with just the one zone heating? Is there a bypass, if auto what is it set at?

have tried to balance the radiators ,running the single zone ,but though better still not right ,
flow seems reluctant ,to go up the 4.8m ,then down 2.4m ,then return up 2.4m ,on the return ,
before the return drops back the 4.8m ,
know its a different situ ,but discharge pumps ,will only go so far vertically ,then if you put a
horizontal run in ,they refuse to go any further vertically ,
really do appreciate your input as need to rethink this problem ,so i can relax and concentrate on
my planned drinking and gambling normal saturday

Whats the total amount of heat you need to flow, and pipework resistance for the run also what pump is currently fitted?

Is this an older install ,
has the slower leg acted as a place for sludge to gather ?

( ie a clean and a re-balance )

what about partially repiping so the pipes only have to go up 2.4m not 4.8m and then do the same for the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to zonal heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock