Search the forum,

Discuss Zip hydrboil plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kooltech

Hi
I have been asked to install some Zip Hydroboil plus wall mounted units in our office.

it seemed simple enough .................. but I didn't realise they required a vent pipe.

Only options I have is to vent it direct to outside - but was worried about it possibly discharging boiling water, or take it in to the under sink waste - but not sure of the best way of doing that? Had thought abount simply venting in to the sink - but thought that would look a bit naf.

Any advice much appreciated

) Venting
A vent at the base of the heater must be plumbed to a safe visible location as, under certain conditions, it may discharge cold or boiling water and/or steam.
For exposed vent plumbing, connect vent outlet from the base of heater to a 15 mm or half inch OD pipe which has a continuous fall, is no more than 3 metres long, has no more than 3 right angle bends, and discharges to a waste water drain.
For concealed vent plumbing, connect plumbing to the vent outlet from the heater rear using a capillary elbow protruding 45 mm from the wall.
Alternatively attach a tun dish to the wall as shown and plumb away to waste.

this is from the m.i

thanks APP.

I read that - but wasnt sure how to connect it to a drain? I presume that it has to be via some sort of trap to prevent smells coming up the pipe, but wasnt sure what type of trap ? wasn't sure if I could just connect it to appliance inlet on sink trap?

I presume that it has to be via some sort of trap to prevent smells coming up the pipe, but wasnt sure what type of trap ?

wasn't sure if I could just connect it to appliance inlet on sink trap?

Airgap and Airgap.

Ours has a 15mm CP pipe discharging into the sink. Most of the ones I've seen are like that. No issues with drain smells or having to put a tundish in to give visible discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zip hydrboil plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, Renovating downstairs bathroom, we have changed the layout and I just wanted to confirm if what I want to do is appropriate. I want to avoid any gurgling and siphoning. And there is no pretty/accessible space for me to install AAV (maybe under the sink) so I'd like to try without it but...
Replies
Views
I've got a problem with an ideal combi (shock I know) recently the condense keeps backing up despite pipe being clear. It's not got the best fall but I have fiddled and it's now atleast horizontal into wall. I think its back pressure in drain causing airlock in pipe as that could explain how its...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock