Search the forum,

Discuss Zero pressure Worcester Greenstar 25Si in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcjefferies

The boiler is almost three years old and I think I have given it a couple of small top ups when the pressure was getting close to 1. I just opened the front and the pressure gauge is reading zero so put in the key and added water very slowly but the gauge still reads zero. I have been round the radiators and there are no leaks and opening the bleed valves there seems plenty of water pressure possibly more than normal! There were drips for a while coming from the copper drain pipe which I think comes from the pressure relief valve which would confirm the high pressure. There are no warning or flashing lights so would this suggest anything other than a faulty gauge?

I hope not to need the central heating for several weeks but as its running at an unknown pressure would it be safe to use the central heating if it takes a while to get someone to look at the problem?

Chris

Most probably a faulty gauge.
Most boilers have a pressure switch on them to protect the boiler if the pressure gets too low.
There shouldn't be any major problems with the system running at a higher pressure, that's what the pressure relief valve is for.
If water drips out of the pressure relief valve constantly causing the boiler to stop operating due to low pressure, you eith have a faulty pressure relief valve or a faulty expansion tank or both

Get a Gas Safe Registered installer in fix it, don't attempt the repair yourself. Suppose its nice if you have some idea what's gone wrong on it, but we can not give you technical advice on gas appliance repairs.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competetence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zero pressure Worcester Greenstar 25Si in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock