Search the forum,

Discuss Zanussi Ultra+ Combi 35 (Ideal Logic+ Combi 35) - Nest, 3rd Gen/OpenTherm Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm seeking some advise/assistance with the installation of a Nest Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation on a Zanussi Ultra+ Combi 35, which I'm sure many will be aware is a re-branded Ideal Logic+ Combi 35. OpenTherm has been selected as the preferred control protocol, simply because both pieces of hardware are compatible and the additional benefits OpenTherm should bring to the performance/efficiency.

I'm aware the connector currently fitted to the internal timer/programmer is to be removed and connected to the floating connector on the same harness, thus enabling the OpenTherm connections to be terminated. Annoyingly the four-pin connector for the OpenTherm connections hasn't been supplied (two for OpenTherm, two for the Weather Compensation module) but a couple of spade connectors suffice to connect to the appropriate pins. 48v DC is present on the two connectors.

Nest Heat Link is installed and wired, the Nest thermostat recognises OpenTherm connectivity (tested by disconnecting the OpenTherm wiring) but there is no call for heat registered on the boiler, despite the threshold being met on the thermostat.

Hope that reads clearly! Any thoughts?

20190114-174357.jpg

Yes mate. You need to put the case back on your boiler and stop messing with it. You need to call in a Gas safe engineer. You are not allowed (legally) to remove the casing from your boiler.

Yes mate. You need to put the case back on your boiler and stop messing with it. You need to call in a Gas safe engineer. You are not allowed (legally) to remove the casing from your boiler.
Thanks for your feedback.

I'm working alongside a Gas Safe engineer who has completed the boiler installation but who is unfamiliar with the installation of a Nest 3rd Generation thermostat. From a safety perspective any actions are performed alongside the Gas Safe engineer.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm working alongside a Gas Safe engineer who has completed the boiler installation but who is unfamiliar with the installation of a Nest 3rd Generation thermostat. From a safety perspective any actions are performed alongside the Gas Safe engineer.

Then HE needs to join the forum and ask the question, once he/she has proven they are gas safe registered we can help. If he Can not wire a basic programmable stat he needs alot more training (in my opinion)

Will not make any difference if he is not gas safe registered.
And we do not encourage people to work on there own boilers and we do not give advice like this on an open forum. @scott_d
If the OP sparky and GSR are working on it together they can call for technical help and work through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zanussi Ultra+ Combi 35 (Ideal Logic+ Combi 35) - Nest, 3rd Gen/OpenTherm Installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock