Search the forum,

Discuss your opinions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stiffee

hi a friend of mine has had some issues with a worcester28i combi it packed up last week, and so far the plumber has changed the following parts

fri pm
new fan and pressure switch
system runs for 40mins and fails, no flashing on front panel,or lockout indicated......ring plumber
plumber returns fri night fair play to him and diagnoses pump failed by disconnecting and fitting new fuses in pcb to confirm

mon am
plumber returns and fits pump, system doesnt run,plumber now rings brother in law who is a worcester service engineer
they both spend afternoon scratching heads banging in quickblow fuses on the pcb trying to locate fault,eventually they spot pressure switch has melted slightly,and locate some burnt wiring, replace damaged wiring refit old pressure switch ,tests with new pcb from worcester engineers vanstock and system runs, disconnects pcb and leaves system off until hopefully plumber will return tomorrow with new pcb, does this sound correct to you? isnt there a safety device to prevent a overheat situation as serious as this? im a refrigeration service engineer with 21 yrs experience and she is a little worried she is being ripped off and im just trying to reassure her/justify parts fitted your opinions please
stiffee aka ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to your opinions please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock