Search the forum,

Discuss Your opinion ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

What's your opinion about it to identify where the leak is coming from

Leaking toilet and sink and shower and bath
In the flat downstairs they have noticed damp patches on their ceiling that correspond with the toilet, bath and sink in my bathroom. The bath (which has the shower over it) as recently been resealed after an earlier leakage. I think the cistern of the toilet is leaking via one of the bolts through the bottom of it.

First I would check all the places that you can see, up the back of the toilet, basin

Then check the bath seal although it's been redone recently that doesn't mean that it was done correctly, check behind the shower screen that it is sealed.

Then I would check under the bath for signs of damp/wet patches by the waste and hot and cold feed,

If I then could not tell where the leak is coming from I would look at lifting the floor and behind the walls if they can be accessed from the other side

Hope this helps

Often leak will be found where pan connector attaches to pan. Some are one piece moulding at this point but others retain seal with detachable ring. In my experience the detachable ring is a point of failure, hard to detect because leaks only when flushed and if boxed in or tiled difficult to confirm without costly redecoration.

What's your opinion about it to identify where the leak is coming from... [/FONT][/COLOR]

Your leak or leaks could be under the floor – any cold, hot, central heating or waste pipe work. It defo needs some investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your opinion ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock