Discuss You know you're lucky when.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capitanpugwash

...my Mrs is on Skype to a close friend who was working in Egypt with her 10 year old son. While there she met a guy from Norway on holiday. She has been with him a couple of years and when Egypt went into meltdown with the revolution so she fled with her son and moved to Oslo to be with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend is really supportive and they rebuilt themselves in their new life in Oslo. Her new boyfriend is involved in politics and works with the youth side, so was organising a summer camp at a dream island an hour west of Oslo. She decided to go along with her son for a great summer holiday. Along comes a police man and the rest is history....

:2guns:

She hid with her son under a bed when the shooting started and her boyfriend who was elsewhere fled on foot and ended up swimming ashore having been shot at. My skin is prickling as I hear her took about him trying to get into their hut and them thinking that he was burning the hut down as they smelt the burning of the gunpowder. :sick:

It makes me feel physically sick hearing her talk about the things they saw out there. And her son... Let's hope they can move on after this one.... :uhoh2:

Dont know what to say about that, just hope they can get there life straight again soon

When things like this happen to close friends or family it brings the reality of the situation home with a giant thump ,all to often we find it easy to distance ourselves from such hideous events
As said I hope they find the strength to move forward and put the event to the furthest corners of their minds ,All their emotions at the moment most be so mixed,my best wishes to them

imho

Hmmm. You're right puddle. It's easy to watch such events from a distance and suffer the numbing fatigue of the constant media exposure to such events. We end up anaesthetised to such atrocities and I am as bad as the next man. It's only when you hear such stories first hand you realise the fragility of our existence.. Here one minute, gone the next.

what a horrible event, but taking note from puddles post it only reminds me of the time when swine flu was announced and we all dismissed it as nothing to worry about, couple of weeks later i found myself going to my mates mums funeral who died from swine flu, obviously not the same as the tragedy in norway but it does bring the reality of it to your doorstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to You know you're lucky when.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock