Search the forum,

Discuss You couldn't tell this wasn't core drilled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

Some people just don't know how to stitch drill!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 160
That's old skool, I remember the days before core drills were cheap enough to have! Praying that your 15mm pilot drill was going through straight.

Stitching is normally faster and just a neat as coring tbh. No effort made to keep it neat in that picture tho :)

Classic I don't give a dam attitude!!
If you pulled the person who did it they would say the ell is going to be rendered at a later date so what's the problem.

I did get my self a breaker to core flues just like this one ! We were doing a contract in Brixton and the walls were just over 600mm and build of 4 lay of solid bricks ! If I was to use my hilty core drill would have taking me about 5-6 hours , but with hilti breaker about 45min !!!
Rhere is nothing wrong with what I see on the picture , who ever done it could have had his core drill stolen or broken down .......

I did get my self a breaker to core flues just like this one ! We were doing a contract in Brixton and the walls were just over 600mm and build of 4 lay of solid bricks ! If I was to use my hilty core drill would have taking me about 5-6 hours , but with hilti breaker about 45min !!!
Rhere is nothing wrong with what I see on the picture , who ever done it could have had his core drill stolen or broken down .......

The reason for stitching this was because he only has a 36v Bosch which as you probably just ruins the poor drill.. The problem here is stitching with a 15mm drill bit instead of something along the lines of 7mm. Oh & the I don't give a fig attitude ha

Last edited by a moderator:
If you thought that was bad look at another example of how not to.

(If it ain't going to plan, take a hammer to it!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 125
RE: The first photo.

Being overly forensic, I would say the hole was done by the block layers.
The vertical courses don't line up.
I would hesitate a guess that the plumber put a sleeve through the wall for the flue and the block layers built around the sleeve.
The sleeve was removed and the flue put through.

Could this be a possibility?

Block work is horrendous who ever did it was incapable of measuring out a sleeve. That's been slashed u can see drill marks

RE: The first photo.

Being overly forensic, I would say the hole was done by the block layers.
The vertical courses don't line up.
I would hesitate a guess that the plumber put a sleeve through the wall for the flue and the block layers built around the sleeve.
The sleeve was removed and the flue put through.

Could this be a possibility?

You would be wrong in saying that as this was a complete wall & the plumber piloted with a 15 then stitched with the same drill bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to You couldn't tell this wasn't core drilled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock