Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Yet another 'how to remove this tap head?' in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Droolio

Droolio New Member

Hi all,

Bathroom basin hot water tap has slow drip.

Want to replace the washer (if possible) but have no idea how to remove the knob head to get at the gubbins.

tap.jpg

It has no obvious grub screws 'round the back. Both knobs have always wobbled a bit and it only requires quarter-turn to go fully on.

Figured I should ask around first to see if anyone recognised this particular oddity, before I go yanking at it.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers!

2. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

Firstly, sad to tell you it ain’t just a simple rubber tap washer type of tap.
    Quarter turn means ceramic disc works.
    Ceramic disc taps usually need complete new works and there are numerous sizes and spline sizes for to the tap handle.
    That handle probably just pulls straight up to come off.
    Be careful doing that

• Like Like x 2
  3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

It has an Ideal Standard familiarity about it.
    But I have never came across that design of tap handle before

• Like Like x 1
  4. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Looks like it will just pull off.

5. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Def pulls off. The spindle O-rings have been leaking too.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Droolio

Droolio New Member

Cheers for the info, guys. I'll have a good look at it all over the weekend...

Tracking the cartridge type is gonna be fun.

If by that you mean the limescale around the base / bottom of the head - that's just lazyness on our part. :) They need a good soak in some viakal for sure.

7. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Knob head !!!! , love it

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR Top Contributor!!

Beat me to it - how to remove a knob head, certainly a good bantering debate :D - ask the mods to do it? :p:p:p

• Funny Funny x 2