Search the forum,

Discuss Yet another hob query by me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Morning all. I posted a question yesterday that related to acceptable distances to combustible materiels for gas hobs. Ive only had my gas ticket for a few months now but this made me think, im sure there are god knows how many customers that have gone out and just bought a new hob . Do you just walk away or do you have other solutions if they dont have the correct clearences? Cheers

If I come across the situtation you describe I advise them to either replace the hob with an electric one or adjust the clearances (e.g. raise the hood / overhanging cupboards). In the case of a HMO or flat they also need thermocouples on the burners which some of the cheaper models don't have. If I turn up to fit one that doesn't have thermocouples in a flat then i just tell them that it cant be fitted and get a new one. If you offer solutions instead of just walking away they will be inclined to follow your advice. I always advise them that if the clearances aren't right then apart from the fact its dangerous, it will also in time ruin the look of the kitchen through scorching.

shame kitchen fitters never seem to know or understand the clearance requirements of cookers and hobs, they dont like it when the customers calls them back to refit/re adjust the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yet another hob query by me in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Please excuse the long story! so, my central heating kept tripping the fuse in the consumer unit. I read that moisture in the boiler could be the problem and had a look at the flu which, it was evident, had been leaking water into the outer flu and back into the boiler. I chose the top rated...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Firstly i feel really dumb asking such a amateurish question so please be nice as i feel i have to ask for clarification i'm working correctly. Two resent conversations with an ex gsr installer i work with and my old mentor have suggested i'm doing this wrong. Currently when replacing...
Replies
Views
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+ years old and kept breaking down and various plumbers visited and fixed problems but advised system flushes or a range of options - essentially the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock