Search the forum,

Discuss Yes love its kanckered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyg0507

IMG-20120719-00088.jpg Went to do a breakdown today on a glow worm 18 hxi, water p****ng out of bottom of boiler, everything corroded inside, told the women about cost of fixing and she said she'd go with a replacement so thought id take old one out before tommorrow and look what i found:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes gas man thats the flue, picture right to left is where i knocked it out of hole, left hand side is the way i found it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soffits above had roof beams coming through, water had been dripping down onto flue, flue was petruding 30-40mm away from wall, (metal part showing) and my take is over time its just corroded, you could peel it off with your fingers, scary stuff, might send this one to gs?

Has the internal exhaust gas flue pipe been compromised also? Scary stuff if it has been releasing poc,s into a cavity

Last edited:
Seen a few like that where the seal of the internal part as been pushed out when installed and he condensate has rotted through the outer section.

Yeah I've replaced a lot of flues like that eph aswell. I think people not deburing and using grease to push together the flue.

inner part of flue was like jelly, customer said it had been dripping water for about 2 months but luckily she worked long hours and always used immersion for hw and tried not to use heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yes love its kanckered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code indicating pressure was below minimum. We resolved ourselves by using the manual and topping up per the guide. Sometime later, in some really cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock