Search the forum,

Discuss YEEEEAAAAAH Passed my ACS ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Last week I passed my acs, took me ages but I got there in the end.
Just thought id say, to all you guys doing your acs for the first time or trying to gain evidence for the portfolio just keep chipping away at it and you will get there in the end.

Well done! It's like passing your driving test though....... You've only just begun to learn. Keep safe and triple check everything. You will make mistakes but just prey you spot them before you leave the property.

Last week I passed my acs, took me ages but I got there in the end.
Just thought id say, to all you guys doing your acs for the first time or trying to gain evidence for the portfolio just keep chipping away at it and you will get there in the end.
how longs ages

Haha cheers guy, Backboiler i will be carefull and check everything thrice.
Desrob its took me the best part of 18 months, thats gaining evidence for portfloio tho not doing my actual acs.
Any tip lads , good books to buy ect. Is there work out there ?

The ACS shouldnt take ages? its just a weeks course? you musnt have had the correct training and experience prior to assessment if this were the case

well done BTW

If its took you ages theres something wrong!
Where i am its 2 days theory (providing youve got your gas portfolio passed) then 1/2 day in the practical if i think rightly, been a while.

Regarding work. I wish i never came into this trade but since its all i know i gotta bite the bullet.
Work is sooo hard to get!!

Well done! I did mine a few weeks ago, managed to get registered with gas safe as of this morn and have just got back from the ACS centre after doing HTR1 and CKR1 today :D

If its took you ages theres something wrong!
Where i am its 2 days theory (providing youve got your gas portfolio passed) then 1/2 day in the practical if i think rightly, been a while.

Regarding work. I wish i never came into this trade but since its all i know i gotta bite the bullet.
Work is sooo hard to get!!

Better than not have a job tho mate ,
When i say it took ages what i mean is finding a gas engineer to get evidence from, no one likes helping coz its a ball ache.
Dont you do bathrooms and general plumbing aswell as the gas tho, I get plenty of plumbing and alot of gas work but cant do it coz i wasnt gas reg.

Better than not have a job tho mate ,
When i say it took ages what i mean is finding a gas engineer to get evidence from, no one likes helping coz its a ball ache.
Dont you do bathrooms and general plumbing aswell as the gas tho, I get plenty of plumbing and alot of gas work but cant do it coz i wasnt gas reg.

oh i see, i only point it out because some people think the port folio is part of the course, its got nothing to do with it

Well done Hobo keep up the good work regards turnpin
icon7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to YEEEEAAAAAH Passed my ACS ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. My first post here, dont know if its in the right area, sorry if its not. Im doing the ACS gas with Access Training, they provide live and recorded seminars for the theory, but i find it difficult to understand, im not blaming them because even in the book (Niceic) its hard to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house, the other one (downstairs) gave a leak flow history of 17PPM So I got someone in from British Gas, he did lots of combustion and air quality checks...
Replies
Views
Folks Me again I am at my wits end. I want to replace the boiler but I am on my backside and cannot afford to. I have been getting an intermittent F L Code. For around a year. I've had an engineer out 4 times. In that time boiler has had a new PCB, new electrodes, new gaskets, new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock