Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Wundafloor underfloor heating in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. chriselevate

chriselevate New Member

Has anyone got any experience with their EPS 400 board system please?

I’ve just laid a zone and when I got back to the manifold I cut the pipe to the right length. When I did, there was a heck of a lot of pressure built up in the 16mm pipe. Now the pressure is out of the pipe it seems the that the pipe is a lot more maluable and easier to work with. My question is... should I cut the end of the pipe before I start with my next zone or should I leave them sealed until the end?

Thanks for your help and advice on this. Photos attached.

82BB472A-D3F9-4506-8A2F-6D1F03E41D90.jpeg

0C2C627A-170C-40FB-91DB-C75DDC677E3A.jpeg

2. Tim Watts

Tim Watts Member

When I laid my JG PB pipe (clipped to celotex, then buried in screed) I cut it long, capped both ends off and slipped a bit of unslit pipe insulation over both ends to protect from scratches and damage during other operations pre plumbing.

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you can guarantee your going to keep the ends clean and the pipe free from things getting in cut it if you can't leave it