Search the forum,

Discuss WP at boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Koogatubac

So am i the only one who turns the boiler OFF when im unscrewing the screw to find the WP at the boiler?

Alot ive seen leave the boiler live and unscrew, creating gas to escape when the electric is live in the boiler

Or am i just being too cautious?

Depends on the time you take to get your hose on and how close to it you are with your ***. I mean if you slacken the screw then your mate rings you and you disappear on a weeks bender, Houston there might be a problem when you get back.

Do it right and turn it off. Maybe safer turning the "live" electric off at the fuse box too :smile:

The gs inpspector will probably expect you to isolate the gas suply to boiler before connecting hose its not as if its hard work , just case get into habit of doing it .

I isolate like you kooga,id rather forget to turn gas back on than forget to tighten screw

Always test em with ldf when removed rubber and tightened screw just to make sure they aint passing.

Always live unless a difficult p1 to get to. Takes 2 seconds max.

It's boring lighting pilot 3 times, takes so much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WP at boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock