Search the forum,

Discuss Would you show up to this customer. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

AMGasServices

Gas Engineer
Hi please see image attached.

And advise would you attend if it was your customer?

CAD0C3B8-97CF-485A-8010-093F77A1F0A8.jpeg

Looks a little rude but they did reply first with great thanks so they're probably greatful you are coming, but maybe been let down alot in the past and their frustrations have made it into your texts. It's hard to read texts and they can easily be misinterpreted. I'd turn up and see how the customer greeted me and decide then whether to stay or leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may just be frustrated mate. Especially if they have been let down before. Do. It read to much in to it. What was your reply after the crosses out bit?

Sorry W, as kind and generous as you are, but manners maketh man. What other guide have you to go by?
The human brain is a clever thing. We choose words not just on literal meaning but also on intent, mood and control we wish to exert.
If he cannot even attain a civil tone when engaging someone, just think how rude he'd be once there. At best an idiot at worse an ar5e.
It's a No from me. Not under any 'circumcises'. :rolleyes:

Looks a little rude but they did reply first with great thanks so they're probably greatful you are coming but maybe been let down alot in the past and their frustrations have made it into your texts. It's hard to read texts and they can easily be misinterpreted. I'd turn up and see how the customer greeted me and decide then whether to stay or leave.

No point wasting time going to see that guy.

Sorry W, as kind and generous as you are, but manners maketh man. What other guide have you to go by?
The human brain is a clever thing. We choose words not just on literal meaning but also on intent, mood and control we wish to exert.
If he cannot even attain a civil tone when engaging someone, just think how rude he'd be once there. At best an idiot at worse an ar5e.
It's a No from me. Not under any 'circumcises'. :rolleyes:
And that is the awesome thing about the world mate. We all have our own opinions. I would probably have asked him what he meant by his message and gone from there.

Obviously it's your choice and if you get a bad vibe then go with your gut. I personally wouldn't not turn up as getting bad mouthed for letting them down isn't worth it. Just bite your tongue, do the work and get paid. Although I'm not self employed yet so my views may soon change :D

Apparently I was taking it personally.

So he texts you 'personally' then complains when his communication is misinterpreted!

Perhaps the single most important thing I've learned since writing for tinterweb is to be extra careful with how things can be taken. That's exactly why Town mutters about me going on and on and on.
I like to be crystal clear, unambiguous. o_Oo_Oo_O

"He accused me of being disrespectful .. he texted me the time he will arrive.. i said ‘Great thanks, please make sure you do, need to get this sorted asap’, my exact words via sms, apparently I am disrespectful. More like someone is over sensitive! I have been let down twice so hence I said needed if sorted asap. Im just baffled. Someone please tell me this is not the norm in this trade, two guys not turning up (2 days wasted waiting) and one accusing me of being disrespectful."

"He accused me of being disrespectful .. he texted me the time he will arrive.. i said ‘Great thanks, please make sure you do, need to get this sorted asap’, my exact words via sms, apparently I am disrespectful. More like someone is over sensitive! I have been let down twice so hence I said needed if sorted asap. Im just baffled. Someone please tell me this is not the norm in this trade, two guys not turning up (2 days wasted waiting) and one accusing me of being disrespectful."
Was that from the op?

I would have asked too, to see if he is worth going there or not. I guess a lot of people get strange texts and that’s always down to the reader how you take it. Perhaps he just wanted to make sure you really are coming as he must had already some time wasters.

same as the forum tbh i wouldnt of read anything into it

would of made clear its £40 for the first hour doesnt matter if nothings done etc and then guage him or her in person

Reply to Would you show up to this customer. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Who is going to be going to the InstallerSHOW at the NEC in June 2024? Registration for the show opens soon and there will be over 600 trade stalls and exhibitors including some of the largest players in the industry such as Fujitsu, Vaillant and Wickes. There will be opportunities to speak to...
Replies
Views
I am after an advice, please. We have a vertical radiator from Reina, Evie, that heats up only 2nd column fully, 1,3 and 4 are lukewarm. I borrowed a thermal camera and attached is the thermal image. System is balanced, there doesn't seem to be air coming out of the bleeding valve and was...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I want to start offering finance options to customers and wondered which providers is best. I looked into Kanda but wasn't impressed. Which ones would you recommend. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a radiator which is unbalanced; I believe due to a missing outer part, please see the attached images. Is the missing part called a Flange? Any advice where I can buy this part? Thank you
Replies
Views
I am fitting a thermostatic shower control. The flow knob fitting has a threaded section - 27mm OD - and it would be helpful to get a nut to go on it. Can anyone advise what I need and where to get it please?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock