Search the forum,

Discuss Would you install a Logbutner in a (what i call a shed) customers summer house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petefinny

Hi ive just been asked to install a Log Burner in a summer house/shed ,its all wood and he wants the flue to come through the side of the shed and up the side, as it does not come under the Heta's compliance scheme (which I am a member) they have advised me to swerve the job as its a big risk, I had my doubts when I seen it, has anyone else done this kind of job?

I haven't put a solid fuel boiler in a wooden summer house, but I can't see any great risks going through the wall as that could be done by a safe method, but I would be concerned what material the roof if made with incase it caught fire with sparks from the flue outside.

yes I see what you mean its felted with that gritty stuff on, that's a big concern

There is no real reason why it can't be fitted. No difference really from fitting one in a timber kit house.

Just stick to the required clearances and flue position for an easily ignited roof.

the wood burner would be far too warm,i have one at home sometimes we have to clear out of room because they become far too hot and hard to contol the heat output,

I agree with Tamz and also with Jim.
I have a wood burner in a very large room (10m x 7m x 6m high max pitched roof) and sometimes the front door is open to cool the place down.

I installed one in a conservatory with a UPC roof and a timber floor, used a large slab for a hearth and a twin walled flue and the correct flue/roof adapter and nothing melted.

As long as you work out the correct heat output requirement for the room it shouldn't really be steaming.

They used to be installed in static caravans, so as long there is sufficient air gaps and heat proofing to stop heat transfer, can't see it being a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would you install a Logbutner in a (what i call a shed) customers summer house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock