Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Would you give a CP12 to this boiler? in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Ar but leave on tbh it's one of those filling in the paperwork would take more time than to make it right

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dunlopplumbing

Dunlopplumbing New Member

This just highlights one of the shortcomings of the whole system. Technically leaving it like that means it is not fitted as per manufacturer's instructions, but is it really a risk? I come across this type of installation occasionally, and until recently I was able to mark it as "not to current standards" and advise the tenant & landlord to make the improvements needed. Now my options are "Is installation a risk to life", answer no, or "does a situation exist that may lead to an unsafe situation", answer no. The only problem is, that every time it is checked, it will take longer than a normal check, because the plaster would have to be cut back to carry out the necessary checks, for which I would charge extra, and then it would need to be left cut back or repaired by others. Personally I would advise cutting it back to within manufacturer's instructions, and then putting a clip on or magnetic cover in front of it. The thing I would be most bothered about, is if I was called out to work on it, what a pain that would be.

3. Captain.rick

Captain.rick GSR

I would say that needs to come.off for me to do the inspection and it needs x amount of gap as per manufacturer instructions.
    Builders don't know all the rules and regs they just think I'll build a box round that to make it look good etc

As for cp12. No I wouldn't issue one without being able to do fga. If I could test it then yes I would pass it with the recommendation of removing the box as per manufacturer instructions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paul Mc

Paul Mc GSR

Not sure how any gas safe engineer is happy to issue a CP12 on a boiler that he has been unable to remove the boiler casing and check the internal components, not for me

• Agree Agree x 2