Search the forum,

Discuss Would you give a CP12 to this boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a nice Sunday evening poll ...

I had a new Worcester combi installed in a rental property. It wasn't the easiest job due to the location so I got a (reputable!) builder to make the area good.

You can't argue they did a nice job (see photo) ... but I expected them to leave the minimum 5mm around the edges as per standard installation instructions. Instead, they filled this gap with caulk so there's no gap top/left/right.

There's plenty of ventilation as it's a huge void behind. The front fascia panel drops down fine and there are inspection ports for the flue below and above. Removing the outer case is possible but it will need to recaulked each time.

My worry is the annual CP12.

Question - Would you give a CP12 assuming there are no boiler issues? Or should I get the builders back to alter it to give better access?

Thanks in advance!

beforesmall.jpg

aftersmall.jpg

:D nope how you supposed to repair the boiler if you cant remove the case and get at the ports

You have to cut and re-caulk it each time the front comes off?

Sorry to say no chance Matt that will all have to come out no GSI will certificate the boiler like that needs these clearences bud . cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-03-25-21-28-11.png

Do you guys not actually understand what a CP12 is?
They have been around for years, and yet we still get threads and responses as those above.

A CP12 is a record of the state of the system AT THE TIME OF INSPECTION. It is NOT a pass or fail. Do the checks, record the findings, issue the CP12 with recommendations as applicable. Apply the GIUSP as and if required. Invoice, get paid. Move on and await further instructions to rectify if required.

So, yes, obviously I would do the job as requested, and issue the cert

Have to dissagree bud you cant even do a flue gas analysis on the boiler there is no access to the test points so how can you compleate a CP12 .kop
I would have thought class boiler as A/R, turn off and isolate, fill out paperwork, advise customer, get paid and foxtrot oscar

Ar but leave on tbh it's one of those filling in the paperwork would take more time than to make it right

This just highlights one of the shortcomings of the whole system. Technically leaving it like that means it is not fitted as per manufacturer's instructions, but is it really a risk? I come across this type of installation occasionally, and until recently I was able to mark it as "not to current standards" and advise the tenant & landlord to make the improvements needed. Now my options are "Is installation a risk to life", answer no, or "does a situation exist that may lead to an unsafe situation", answer no. The only problem is, that every time it is checked, it will take longer than a normal check, because the plaster would have to be cut back to carry out the necessary checks, for which I would charge extra, and then it would need to be left cut back or repaired by others. Personally I would advise cutting it back to within manufacturer's instructions, and then putting a clip on or magnetic cover in front of it. The thing I would be most bothered about, is if I was called out to work on it, what a pain that would be.

I would say that needs to come.off for me to do the inspection and it needs x amount of gap as per manufacturer instructions.
Builders don't know all the rules and regs they just think I'll build a box round that to make it look good etc

As for cp12. No I wouldn't issue one without being able to do fga. If I could test it then yes I would pass it with the recommendation of removing the box as per manufacturer instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Would you give a CP12 to this boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock