Search the forum,

Discuss Worst boiler to work on competition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure was it a wall mounted?

Yeh wall mounted, as said it had the old apollo 80 BF bellow it and an add on pump, diverter and weird little cylinder thing blue i think it was heat-ex :)

Yeh wall mounted, as said it had the old apollo 80 BF bellow it and an add on pump, diverter and weird little cylinder thing blue i think it was heat-ex :)
i think i know what your on about it was a right bitsa if its the same heap,nasty shed of a thing

its a chaff in disguise plastic everywhere
Chaff Britony , look after loads of these still, I like um! Not a great boiler but everything is simples and relatively cheap to fix... Wouldn't have one in my house though!The later SE isn't bad though!Neither are any more plasticy than a green star junior!

Last edited:
Chaff Britony , look after loads of these still, I like um! Not a great boiler but everything is simples and relatively cheap to fix... Wouldn't have one in my house though!The later SE isn't bad though!Neither are any more plasticy than a green star junior!
yes but i dont like greenstars either:D mind baxis 133 he is far,far worst

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i know what your on about it was a right bitsa if its the same heap,nasty shed of a thing

I was sure it was named the Genesis but I may be wrong mate! It hems back to the morphing days when the manufacturer's took what they had then added on the 'conversion' kit and labeled them a combi!!! :)

For me (oil) it's a toss up between the Grandee and the vintage Trianco Centajet

my pet hate is glowworm and the long history of nasty plastic parts, which fail..... and my heart sinks when i see an old vailant... not the parts...it's getting the buggers off the wall, they weigh a ton and have to be dismantled..

my pet hate is glowworm and the long history of nasty plastic parts, which fail..... and my heart sinks when i see an old vailant... not the parts...it's getting the buggers off the wall, they weigh a ton and have to be dismantled..

disagree on vailant doddle to get off however ideal espirit !!!

any of the ecotecs are a doddle to work on
there used to be a combi in the early days had all the electrics in a tray underneath about 6 relays for the life o9f me i cant recall what make seem to remember uit being cream and brown

What about a diverter valve on an old Potterton Puma....that bloody nut on the back, facing away from you on the back of that frame !!!!

youve just reminded me how bad the first potterton combis were they realy pushed the boat out to make something simple into a nighhtmare

Glowworm flexicom support bracket manifold . Have to remove most parts and when refitting if you dont get nuts that goes through chassis all the way home will leak like a motha

I have just taken delivery of a Vaillant Eco-Tec 'dummy' boiler - just the case with nothin inside
it wont work but hey nothing will go wrong ! Centralheatking
As above, whats the worse part/boiler you've had to work on and why? (no detail into gas safety as it's in the wrong forum!)

personally for me, after today i'm voting Worcester CDI expansion vessel. Wasn't much left in it once I got the old one out, fan, heat ex, plate hex, pump, APS etc all removed.... nightmare! Normally fit an external in, but couldn't on this one.

My first is the Alpha Ocean Style FF, if you went at one O-ring you would have to replace all the O-rings, changing the O-rings could take 30 minutes or 4+ hours depending how lucky you were, it would get so that your tears matched the drips from the O-rings, my second would be the servowarm boiler with the rad on the front because swinging the rad out always felt wrong.

i love em lol what a great idea hidden away wish someone would make a mod version lol

ideal isar / ferroli optimax he but the worst are worcester combis for accessing parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst boiler to work on competition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock