Search the forum,

Discuss working pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rm1

if you have a working pressure of 18mb at the appliance and the burner pressure at the appliance is less than the recorded working pressure this is classed as "NCS" (ie) 19mb at meter and 1mb pressure loss on system=18mb wp, bp on appliance max 12mb this is fine on a SE boiler, however when you change the appliance to a high efficiency boiler which has a zero governor as there is no set bp and the volume of gas used is dependent on the fan speed and the mi say 20 mb at appliance would this then be classed as "at risk"

hi rm1,
burner pressure is different from working pressure, you may get a correct working pressure, and the burner pressure can be as low as 9mb.

In my understanding. The only time working pressure is a problem is when burner pressure cannot be maintained.
If you have low working pressure, but burner pressure is ok, and no other appliances are effected it can be classed as NCS, however if the other appliances are effected the it is classed as AR

18mb inlet and 12mb burner is fine if 12mb is the max bp that the boiler works at ,fitting a zero govenor boiler which mi's state 18mb is also fine

some old vailants run bp,s of as low as 4.5

rm1,

what are you actually asking? Or was the thread a statement?

Well you check zero governor boilers by gas rate, flue gas, and MI's for what they will accept for the lowest working inlet pressure...

Why would you class it as at risk? Explain this

Do you have ACS?

What would you suggest undergassing would cause? In the short term and long term, if you understand this you will then be able to make an informed decision on an undergassed category (NCS, ID, AR )

Dont worry about the "Procedure to follow" when categorising, it will make you blind to what is actually going on.

Establish the Effect the "problem" will cause, then worry about the Unsafe sits procedure....

if you have a working pressure of 18mb at the appliance and the burner pressure at the appliance is less than the recorded working pressure this is classed as "NCS" (ie) 19mb at meter and 1mb pressure loss on system=18mb wp, bp on appliance max 12mb this is fine on a SE boiler, however when you change the appliance to a high efficiency boiler which has a zero governor as there is no set bp and the volume of gas used is dependent on the fan speed and the mi say 20 mb at appliance would this then be classed as "at risk"

worth noting that the presuure loss across the system doesnt have to be 1mb, thats the maximum drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to working pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hi guys!! Just wanted to know if anyone can help me out, I am filling in my portfolio and cannot get hold of my gas engineer for a week and a half (on holiday) I am writing up 2 jobs we done last week and I am a little cconfused. We serviced a vaillant ecotec pro24 standing pressure was...
Replies
Views
diamondgas
D
R
Hi, I’m new to the forum, GSRd, and would appreciate any views on the following. When quoting for boiler replacements, I routinely include for upgrading the existing installation pipe if I get a measured working pressure drop from meter to existing boiler greater than 1mb (on the basis the new...
Replies
Views
i have been reading various threads about apparant pressure loss when measured on the gas valve ( underneath the boiler nr yellow lever). I have not managed to get more than 19 mb despite oversizing the gas pipes. thought that at some time i would get banged up in prison for this. Do I...
Replies
Views
cascas
C
B
Alright? i've been wondering. we're all hell bent on getting the correct minimum inlet working pressure at appliances, all the more so it seems as many more of us tend to be more and more concerned in meeting the requirements for seemingly bigger and bigger combis in an environment of ever...
Replies
Views
diamondgas
D
N
Hi there, Obviously pressure from the meter should be 21mb +/- 2mb, and you are allowed a drop of 1mb in pressure from the meter to the appliance, but many boilers i come across have operating/working pressures of 15,16,17, mb etc. My question is even though the heat inputs are in line with the...
Replies
Views
Steve @ TheHeatingHub
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock